Saturday, October 15, 2011

Day 10

Another gain today!  ARGH!  So annoying!!!  But I will keep plodding along!  I went back to re-read the Dukan book last night to make sure I was doing everything right, and I read the following, which has re-assured me....

"Very often, weight loss is spectacular during the first phase and then, when vegetables are introduced, the scales seem to get stuck and do not go down, or may even show a slight increase in pounds.  Do not worry - you are not slipping backwards.  So what is happening?
During the Attack phase, because you are eating only proteins this has a powerful water-repellant effect.  Reserve fat is lost as well as a large quantity of water that has been stagnating in the body for a long time.  This combination of eliminated water and fat explains why your scales show an impressive loss.
But when vegetables are added to proteins, water, having been artificially expelled, is retained once more, which explains the sudden and incomprehensible stagnation.  The real weight loss which is connected to the fats still continues, albeit reduced by the addition of vegetables, but it is being camouflaged by the return of water.  Be patient......."

It goes on to say it takes about 20 or so days for the weightloss to show when starting the 1/1 rhythm of Pure Proteins alternating with proteins + vegetables.  Phew, happy to wait a few weeks for good weight loss, so will just continue on with it.  Hubby is buying my Oatbran today, so will start on that, and plan on starting exercising this weekend too.  I'm working all day today & all day tomorrow, so have to precook my meals & plan ahead.  I'm keeping up with the water intake as well.  Feeling great!!!

Day 10 - Cruise Phase
Weight: 112.8kgs (gain of 100gms, total 3.6kgs)
  • egg, diced beef, spices
  • coffee, non fat milk
  • diced beef, spices, cottage cheese
  • tuna, cottage cheese
  • beef mince, bacon, cottage cheese, mushrooms, cucumber, tomato, lettuce (YUMMO!)
  • 1.5 litres water
  • 3 glasses white wine
It was a loooonnngggg busy day at work, and I really wanted to enjoy a nice glass of wine tonight.  Hubby & I have decided that we will sit down & enjoy a couple of bottles of wine on a Saturday night each week.   Just 2 nice bottles of Pinot Grigio to share in the evening between us once a week.  Quite a big change from drinking most nights of the week.  Although we are trying to lose weight, we have to enjoy our lives for God's sake!!!  Not going to drop the ball in any other areas, except for this small treat on Saturday nights.

Struggled to find the oatbran today!  Managed to find "Quick Oats" at a local Coles Supermarket, which is 100% oats, and I will check with my friend to see if that product is the correct one to eat - have no idea!!!

Going to get back on the xtrainer in the morning, and already looking forward to it!!! BRING IT ON!

1 comment:

  1. Not sure I could this diet but sure am interested in how your going....keep blogging

    ReplyDelete