Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Dukan Diet Day 1 - Here We Go!

    Today I have started the Dukan Diet. I have been researching about it for a few weeks now, and armed with the official book & a Dukan recipe book as well, I am ready to go. My first day is very limited in food choices (due to not going grocery shopping until tomorrow), but I have decided to not put off starting it due to that fact. I am raring to go!!!
    Basically, the Dukan Diet is a high protein diet. Consisting of 3 phases as follows:-
    1. Attack Phase - Protein only for 5 days
    2. Cruise Phase - Introduction of vegies on alternating days (ie. one day only protein, the next protein AND vegies, and so on...)
    3. Consolidation Phase - Slow introduction of carbs & fruits to the diet
    I hate fad diets, and have tried many of them over my adult lifetime. Whilst I am a bit sceptical about this one, it really does sound like a good & healthy one. Deep down I know Weight Watchers is the perfect & ideal weightloss program for me, so I intend to return to it, but I just need something new & different to kick start me, and keep me interested.
    Day One - Attack Phase
    Weight: 116.4kgs
  • 2 eggs with cottage cheese
  • 425g can Tuna in brine mixed with cottage cheese
  • 3 eggs, onion, cottage cheese
  • No Fat Fruit Yoghurt
  • 1.5+ litres of water
  • 5min exercise on xtrainer
It is recommended to have only 2 eggs per day, but due to the lack of groceries in my house, I made do with more eggs. Felt REALLY tired throughout the day, and unable to do much exercise (I can usually do an hour on the xtrainer!!!). Have been running to the toilet ALL DAY with the huge amount of water I am drinking. Went grocery shopping after work (at 11.30pm!!!) and stocked up on lean meats & no fat yoghurts, cottage cheese, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment