Thursday, February 14, 2013

I'm JFDI-ing it!!!!!


I started the round weighing in at 105.4kgs, which was a gain of 1.8kgs over the weekend in Brisbane -obviously my belly was full of all the wine I had consumed cause my food was pretty good overall in Brissy!   Yesterday saw our first official 12wbt weigh in, and I lost 1.5kgs.  Still up 300gms from last week though.  Yes, yes I know you aren't supposed to weigh daily but today sees me under last Wednesday's weight - YAY!!!  Let's not get started on the debate over to weigh daily or not - I weigh daily because I find it keeps me accountable & on track.
Week 1 Weigh In

It's amazing how you can so quickly lose momentum & focus, like I did over the last 2 rounds, and then how quickly you can get back into the right mindset and JFDI (Just f*&^ing do it)!  And that's where I am now.  I am back into the program 110% and I'm already seeing the benefits.

As Michelle Bridge's says, the key to this program is consistency.

con·sist·en·cy

  [kuhn-sis-tuhn-see] 
noun, plural con·sist·en·cies.

2.
steadfast adherence to the same principles, course, form, etc.: There is consistency in his pattern of behavior.


And I think that is where both Greg & I have been successful.  Although the last 2 rounds weren't big rounds for us in weight loss terms, we were consistent!  We kept exercising - consistency!  And if we had a few blowouts, we just got back on track again - consistency!  Anyone can be successful, as long as you are consistent and keep your eye on the end goal.  It's not easy, but you will get there with consistency!

I went to my second spin class this morning, and I am absolutely sure that the gym is not for me, so I won't be continuing on at a gym after my free month is up.  We have weights at home, a xtrainer and I'll have my new bike this weekend, so why bother with a gym?!  I might as well do something I really enjoy to burn the calories!  I may look at joining up at the local pool, as I really want to improve my swimming so I can smash out the long course on next year's Pink Triathlon.   Did I just say that??

So, here we go, halfway through week one & ready to absolutely smash this round!

Onwards & downwards....
Valentine's Day Workout

No comments:

Post a Comment