| The stairwell at work |
Yesterday (Sunday) I had a full 8 hours shift at work. I didn't exercise in the morning as Greg was going out on the bike, so I used my 2 x 15 minute breaks to run up & down the stairs at work - which is what I used to do when I first joined the 12wbt & was totally committed. Not a big deal you may say, but to me, this is a HUGE deal!!! When I started the 12wbt back in June last year, I did the stairs at work on my breaks and I slowly climbed up and down them holding onto the handrail. Yesterday I actually RAN up and down these stairs! I couldn't believe how much my fitness has improved since June. I then went for a walk in my half hour lunch break in the heat. Only 245 calories for the exercise I did, but it was better than me sitting on my breaks on my fat arse on Facebook!!!
Today we are experiencing a 37 degree day in Melbourne. But once the Kinder & school drop offs were done & I was childfree, I was off on my new bike. I had wanted to do a 50km ride, but the heat & wind won the battle and I managed a 22km ride - but burnt 507 calories! Tonight I am off for a walk with some girlfriends, so even more calories gone!!!
| Monday morning ride in the heat |
Quite ironic that Mish's mindset lesson video this week was about cravings. I wasn't craving the lollies though, I didn't even enjoy them. It was just mindless eating because of boredom. But I recognised what I was doing and put a stop to it, and I think that is something that has happened the last couple of weeks with me - I've realised what I've been doing and I've been able to analyse why I'm doing it, and put a stop to it.
I have, however, been craving my good old friend, white wine. Oh how I miss a nice cold glass of wine in the evenings. This week we've had 12wbt bunless burgers & steak sandwiches for dinner, both cooked on the BBQ. BBQs and a cold wine or beer just go hand in hand, don't they?? But I will not sway, I am off it for the 12 weeks - but God how good that wine will taste on Finale weekend!!!
![]() |
| Last night's dinner - Potato, Spinach & Feta Tortilla. YUM! |
So week 2 is here & I have all guns blazing with nutrition (no more lollies!) and exercise. Bring on the next 11 weeks I say!!!
Onwards & downwards......

>
Never mentioned the lollies to me. Very sneaky....
ReplyDelete