Early last year I joined an old work friend in a team called "Fighting Back" to do the Ride to Conquer Cancer. Greg joined not long after, as well as my best friend Jenny, and a few others I didn't know. We were a team ready to conquer the ride, and fundraise to support Peter Mac, where my Dad is receiving Chemo treatment.
Since last year's ride, Greg and I have actively recruited members for our team - the more team members for "Fighting Back", the more money for Peter Mac! Each rider has to fundraise a minimum of $2500 which goes straight to Peter Mac.
However, today Fighting Back has split. Greg & I and the riders we've recruited will be separating and forming a new team. And to say I am shattered would be an understatement. Greg delivered the news to me, ironically, when I was out on the bike this morning. I just don't understand it, nor will I ever, so I have to accept the "break up", deal with that achy sick feeling I have in the pit of my stomach, and move on.
But I don't want to.
I AM "Fighting Back". It's my team too! Sure, I didn't start it, but I put my heart & soul into it. And now I've been kicked out.
I am sure I will get over it, but right now I want to stamp my feet and scream. But it's done. It's over. We are no longer Team Fighting Back. And I just can't put into words how sad that makes me.

>
You will be fine, we will look at the bigger picture and that is raising money for people like your amazing dad who need it. It is just a name after all and we can call ourselves whatever we like, but we are all still doing a good thing.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear that. Why the split though?
ReplyDeleteAnon, it's a long story, but we're all just going our separate ways with different ideas on what we want from the team.
DeleteThere is only one good thing about a break up ... and that is the make-up!!!
ReplyDeleteIt reminds us all of why we are here. And it shows the passion that we all have for this cause.
xx