Actually I could have headed this post with "Upsetting Much?", "Pissed Me Off Much?" or just "Fuck It"!!! I lost 300gms this week and was absolutely devastated! I worked my arse off this week and to be rewarded with such a measly figure was shattering. How did I lose so little? It's beyond my reasoning. After a whole day & night of thinking about it, I've put it down to my body going into shock - a week with no alcohol and a week of massive exercise. My body is screaming "What the hell is going on? Where's my glass of white wine??"
So, how did I deal with the small loss? I ate cookies! Yep, 8 cookies to be precise. Chocolate chip cookies. Mindless, brain numbing eating to make me feel better. I don't even really like cookies, but at the time, I thought I would punish myself, the scales, the 12wbt. And what did it achieve? All it achieved was me feeling like a fool, and then feeling sick! But I had planned on eating ALL the cookies, and it wasn't until I picked up my ninth cookie that I realised what I was doing, and how ridiculous I was being, and I put it down, added up the calories (480cals!!!), and moved on.
I'm not perfect. I will have slip ups like this (and the lolly situation a few days before), but I think I am starting to understand my emotional eating - boredom and anger were the two things that triggered this eating in the last week. And I have finally registered and worked out what I am doing and now I can work on trying to create other ways of dealing with this. Insert *lightbulb moment*. I did get on then get on the xtrainer & burn my 500 calories to make up for those mindless calories I had gobbled up.
| I love this picture with the 3 boys cheering their Dad on!!! |
So I'm going to continue this week as I started it, and not let a few cookies derail me. Let's smash it!!!!
Exercise this week:-
Monday: 809 calories - bike ride, walk
Tuesday: 221 calories - garage workout
Wednesday: 503 calories - xtrainer
Onwards & downwards....
| The banner the kids made for Greg |

>
I'm going to remind you of what you already know -- weight loss does not register ASAP! A decrease in calories one day does not mean you will see the exact corresponding changes the next -- even if you see changes the next, they are likely due to previous days'/ periods work/food etc!
ReplyDeleteKeep the faith -- as I know you will. Consistency, consistency, consistency! And patience ;).
I think you are having an episode of Fat Lag! Keep up the great work Jules you are going to be in Double Digits in no time. Shaking up your training like you have been is really going to help all the fat cry it's way out of your body... For the next week you have to workout for the both of us I'm living my exercise through you :)
ReplyDelete