Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Brisvegas Baby!!!



Beautiful Brissy
WOW, what a weekend!  Friday I flew up to Brisbane for the 12wbt Finale weekend.  I stayed at the Rydges on Southbank, which was right next door to the Convention Centre where the workout & party were being held.

Friday I did a quick walk into the CBD and along Southbank, and that night I had dinner & drinks with  4 of my gorgeous friends - one had travelled all the way from WA, another from NSW, and the other two from around Qld.  These girls I met years ago "virtually" on the Weight Watchers Forums, and with another six girls (from around OZ and 2 from New Zealand even!!), we've formed a very close bond throughout the years.  I actually talk to these girls more than I do my friends who live right near me!!

The Guru and me
Friday night ended at 2.30am with too many drinks, lots of laughs & great conversation with these gorgeous girls, but considering I was getting up at 6.30am, it wasn't a very good idea in hindsight.  Saturday morning was a struggle, but I was volunteering at the 12wbt workout, and we had to be at the venue at 7.30am.  I scoffed down half my brekkie & a coffee & headed off to do my duties as an usher.  It was lovely to see all the people from around Australia converge, and of course, lovely to have a quick chat with Mish.
Kate (aka CocoGirl) and moi in my 12wbt volunteers gear
I didn't do the actual workout due to my ankle & the heel spurs I've been suffering from (which I might add are starting to feel better), but I so wish I had been able to.  It looked a lot harder than the previous workouts I'd attended, and one I would have really enjoyed.

H, Megs, Wendy, Sar & moi
After the workout it was back to the room for a shower & a nap as I was shattered from my lack of sleep the night before.  We then got glammed up & attended the Finale party.  It was an absolute blast!!!  The girls & I danced & drank the night away.  Everyone looked amazing, the venue was sensational & it was just an overall brilliant night.

Me & my BFF Mish
Sunday we brekkied together & then off I went home on an 11am flight.  Exhausted!

It was a great weekend, but one I was a little melancholy about.   I came to realise that although Greg and I are on our own weightloss paths, we are on the this ultimate journey together as well.  And it just wasn't the same without him there to celebrate together.  I did have a ball with the girls, but I still felt like Greg should have been there sweating it out at the workout, and drinking his weight in wine at the party.
Nicole, Theresa, Me, Bec & Dayna - The Western Warriors

As always, the Finale weekend is a great way to re-motivate me & I am raring to go on this round.  I'm officially off the booze for 12 weeks!  I tried out a spin class this morning at 5.45am (who the hell thought that would be a good time to hold a class!), and I enjoyed it, although it doesn't compare in the slightest to being out on a bike with the wind & sun on your face.  I've signed up to a free month at a local gym, and will use the classes within that month, but I prefer to be out on the bike than in a gym, so doubt I'll be joining one long term.

Let's rock this round and bring on the Melbourne Finale on May 4th!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Wooohoo Thanks for the link to your blog. NOW I CAN STALK YOU TOO !!! lol
    Thanks so much for reading my silly blog. I'm glad you like it. It was totally rad to meet you.. You looked AMAZING. I loved your frock. That colour OMG was gorgeous!
    xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, you looked absolutely stunning girl! What a great time you've had.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete