....What have I learnt?? I've read a few posts and blogs over the last couple of days, with 12wbters professing what they have learnt over the last 12 weeks. I have spent last night & today thinking about it, and it lead me here to write down my feelings on it.
I could say I've wasted this round. I've only lost a few kilos, so surely that would mean it was a wasted round? But no, I couldn't disagree more. This round has seen me through the silly season, a time in my life where I would have eaten & drank without a thought or a worry to what was going into my mouth. Sure, I haven't stuck with the 12wbt plan like I know I should have, but holy shit, I've still lost weight over the 12 weeks!!! I don't think I have ever, EVER lost weight over the silly season. And I lost weight whilst on holidays for the first time EVER! Yes, it was only 300gms, but I didn't gain 4-6kgs like I usually do when away on holidays! And that is bloody awesome!! And I am proud of that.
This round has also continued to ingrain the nutrition and exercise side of the 12wbt. I actually want to eat clean. I value my body & all it does for me, and I actually want to fuel it with good clean healthy food. It runs so well when I do. I now know that if I want to give the 12wbt my all, I have to give up wine. I can't drink without snacking, and even if the snack is healthy, the wine is empty calories that benefit me in no way. It's time.
I actually want to exercise and I am addicted to seeing those calories clock up on my Heart rate monitor! I want to get out on the bike (when I eventually get it) and strengthen my legs. I want to lift weights & get stronger and tone my body. It's after a night drinking wine that I can't be bothered exercising - when I feel lethargic & dehydrated. But not anymore. It's time.
So this Friday, I fly to Brisbane & get to celebrate the end of another round. Not a wasted round. A round that got me through the silly season successfully.
And Monday, IT'S ON!!!

>
Hell Yeah it's on like Donkey Kong!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Jules, that's a huge achievement! My goal was to maintain over the silly season and I achieved that while still having a great time. My total loss for the round was 3kg but to me that is a big success in a time when I normally would have gained that much or more. I've signed up for the next round and looking forward to smashing the double digits and beyond.
ReplyDelete