Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Week 9 Already!!!!


I cannot believe hubby & I are in week 9 of the 12wbt.  It has taken us only 8 weeks to change our lives completely!  I just cannot believe the people we were 8 weeks ago, and in comparison, the people we are now!  The transformation is just amazing.  And I'm not talking about physically, I'm talking about mentally.  And I am nothing short of proud of us, and our efforts.
My 11 year old patted me on the tummy yesterday, gave me a big cuddle, and told me I am doing a great job, and that I am losing my fat belly.  God bless him!  The kids just don't realise how much their off hand comments mean to us!


A few of my friends have signed up for the next round of the 12wbt.   I remember how I felt when I first signed up.  Full of doubt about the program, eager to get started & worried I wouldn't be able to commit.  The above comment reminds me of that feeling, and what they are all going through now.  If I can do it, anyone bloody well can!!!


So, it's weigh in day tomorrow, and after last week's dismal loss of 100gms, there better be something good on those scales.  We are doing our first "Accelerator Day" today - a day of no carbs whatsoever, to boost our weight loss.  That means no bread, rice, potatoes, fruit, or anything with carbs.  Interesting to see if it has any impact to our weigh in.
Exercise this week has been great.  A PT boxing session on Saturday morning, followed by a 40km bike ride.  Sunday was a rest day, and yesterday I did a workout for 45min & 50min brisk walk.  Nutrition has been fantastic, except for a couple of wines & vodka & sodas on the weekend.  Also had a few lollies on Sunday, and it was amazing to feel the sugar headache come straight on from it.  Something I won't be repeating quickly.  It is unbelievable how good you can feel eating clean!  I am just loving it, and love that my body is responding so well to it.

Onwards & downwards.....
My accelerator day big brekkie!

1 comment:

  1. Great Stuff Boofus Headus. Looking forward to seeing those tight buns & flat tummy in a couple of rounds time. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete