Sunday, July 22, 2012

Attack of the Jersey Caramel!



I was a little disappointed with myself at the 2 red flag events I've had over the last 2 nights.
For Friday night's Trivia Night, I was well prepared.  I did decide to have one glass of white wine however, and I also had a platter of food that included celery sticks, carrot sticks, mountain bread chips (I cooked up triangles of mountain bread in the oven earlier), low fat hommus & tzatziki dip, and fat free salsa dip.  However, from the time we arrived to the time we left, I ate!  Just mindless nibbling for no reason, except for something to do.  I knew I was doing it, but I just couldn't stop.  So for three hours I sat nibbling!  Others on the table had brought sandwiches, chicken wings, and a big bowl of lollies.  And that's where I went downhill!  JERSEY CARAMELS & LICORICE ALLSORTS!  My favourites.  I did have a few of them, and then felt sick from the big sugar hit.  Why, oh why?

Our new boxing gear!
Saturday morning we had our PT at 6.30am, and then afterwards hubby and I boxed for a bit with the new boxing gear we bought last week.  I lurvvvveee boxing.  Just wish I had time to do it every day.  And the session was a great one - Greg pushed me way out of my comfort zone.

Geez, will be doing more squats if I can have an arse like this!!!

Saturday night was my girlfriend's 40th, and I was proud of the fact that I stayed clear of all the yummy finger food - mini sliders, satay chicken skewers, sushi, crumbed prawns, etc.  However, I did get stuck into the vodka & sodas.  The low fat drink of choice - would have of course preferred wine, but thought I would do the right thing by my calories.  And you know, I didn't even enjoy it!  I notice my mouth runs at a hundred miles a minute and stupid remarks come out when I drink.  Wish I had of stuck to just plain ol' soda water!

One of my besties Chris, looking Fab & forty!!!  Love you Chris x
Anyway, I had a little bit of a headache this morning when I woke.  I could imagine the sickness I would have had if I had of been drinking wine!  And proud of myself this afternoon as I got on the bike & had an awesome 40km ride.  My knees are a little sore after it, but I had such an enjoyable ride & am so glad to be back in the saddle!
Can't believe it is the start of week 8 on the 12wbt tomorrow.  Bring it on!!!

The bike ride I went on today.  Proud of myself!!
Falafels we had for dinner tonight - YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment