Friday, July 20, 2012

Red Flag Days


I have been drinking numerous cups of herbal tea in this cold weather, but I really want to make a concentrated effort on drinking more water.  I probably drink about a litre of cold water a day, and add to that all my herbal teas, I would drink in excess of 2+ litres a day.  In Summer it is just so much easier to drink cold water!  I haven't had a soft drink in over 6 weeks now, and I don't miss it one little bit!


We have a couple of "red flag" (as Michelle Bridges calls them) occasions this weekend.  Tonight we have a Trivia Night & tomorrow one of my best friend's 40th Birthday parties.  Tonight will be fine as it is BYO food, so I will be bringing a plate of low fat dips and salsa with celery, carrot & capsicum sticks.  Also might throw in a few rice crackers.  If we stick that plate of nibbles in front of us, we should be set for the night.
Tomorrow night, there will be finger food, and I'll be steering clear of it.  Was thinking I might have a couple of vodka & sodas or a glass of red wine to celebrate my friend's birthday, but that's all.  Not feeling worried about either night, and I really feel in control of where I am right now in this journey.  From reading the 12wbt forums, I know a lot of people have "fallen off the wagon" or binged & struggled, but I must say I am obviously "in the zone" at the moment, because I am just not interested in crap food and I am liking this feeling!


Hubby has been receiving comments left, right & centre about how great he is looking & how much weight he has lost.  Although  I am immensely proud of him & the 15+ kgs he has lost so far,  I must admit I felt a little down trodden that no one had noticed my weight loss.  Then on Monday my 5 year old's kinder teacher commented that I was "disappearing"!  The next night a work colleague mentioned I was "shrinking" and then another work mate the following night asked if I had lost "a lot of weight".    It's nice to know I am not just imagining the changes in myself, and that it is actually FINALLY noticeable!!!  Just those three little comments have lifted my spirits immensely this week!

Onwards & downwards......

No comments:

Post a Comment