Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Yes, I Can!! RTCC 2013


I was overwhelmed with the messages I received about my blog post on the ride yesterday.  I spent a lot of yesterday in tears again, as the enormity of the weekend hit.  I also received a Facebook message from an old high school friend who I haven't spoken to in years, who thanked me for the ride & mentioned her father had passed 3 months earlier.  He had melanoma - just like my Dad!!!  I received a round of applause from my work mates when I walked into work last night, and again I was nearly a blubbering mess!


So, yesterday I made the decision I will do the Ride to Conquer Cancer in 2013 as a RIDER!!!  I feel I have unfinished business.   As our team captain Bec says, I will make hills "my bitch".  I have a year to train on hills, to lose more weight with the 12wbt, to gain more fitness, and I will smash the RTCC in 2013.  BRING IT ON!!!!!


4 comments:

  1. Good on you Jules! A true inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WooHoo!!! Go Jules... I think the You Yangs would be a good local training ground for hills. Maybe we can organise some workouts with our bikes in the You Yangs over the next year... Especially with Daylight savings with us until April gives us some more flexibility to workout there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one stubborn bitch and I know you will make it work for 2013.......Dayna we will be doing the You Yangs, but that will only be the start, we will be working on the proper hills at some point as well and you are more than welcome to join us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go girl, it is great to have something to work towards

    ReplyDelete