Thursday, October 18, 2012

Back to Reality, With a Thud!


Our first night - dinner on the beach
We arrived home from Bali yesterday, and saved this week's weigh in until this morning.  And my result was - *Drumroll* - a gain of 3.7kgs.  The funny thing is, I am not even in the slightest bit upset about it.  Wow, how my mindset has changed!  It just proves that no longer am I worried that I won't be able to shift the weight! I now know I WILL be able to lose those extra kilos, and if I had to do anything different on my trip to Bali, I definitely wouldn't!

The Bali Bombing Memorial
We had a ball!  The first 2 days were bliss - celebrating coupledom with the freedom of sleeping in, going to the toilet without any little person joining you, no cooking, no cleaning, just relaxing.  Shopping & long walks on the beach!!  Unfortunately the next 3 days were spent in close proximately to a toilet within the hotel grounds thanks to a dose of Bali Belly for the two of us, but day 6 we spent with our own private driver taking us to the spots we wanted to visit - Ubud & the beautiful rice paddies, Tanah Lot temple, lunch in Seminyak & sunset drinks at the Rock Bar in Jimbarin Bay.  Our very last day was spent doing a 40km bike ride from Kintamini volcano down through local villages and rice paddies to Ubud.  Just magic!!


Relaxing poolside
I notice my last post was about the guilt & worry I felt about weight gain - how quickly that changed when I realised I just had to embrace the time away & enjoy myself.   I missed the kids terribly, and I think it was a little too long to be away from them.  We got some good exercise in - lots of huge walks, a gym session, and bike rides.

And the big difference is that today I am straight back into the 12wbt.  In the past, I would continue on in "holiday mode" with terrible eating, and of course drinking.  But today I are straight back on the 12wbt wagon, and ready & raring to go!!!  Of course, was a huge struggle to get out of bed this morning & get the kids organised for school & Kinder.  Back to reality with a thud, indeed!

Now, I am looking forward to planning our Bali trip next year - with the kids of course!  What a great present to myself & Greg to return to Bali at our goal weights, leaner & stronger than ever before!

Bring it on!

Prawn, avocado & artichoke stack anyone??  YUM!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:43 pm

    Good on ya Jules a great mind set. Enjoy you holidays and back onto when you come home. Glad you had a fabulous trip.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Jules!!! Just goes to show what 12WBT is .. WHOLE BODY - including your mind! If I gained 3.7kg I would surely reach for the chips before waking up the next day ready to start again. But you didn't ... so more power to you!!!

    Glad you enjoyed your holiday!!! You both deserve the treat!!

    ReplyDelete