Thursday, October 04, 2012

37 To Go!!!

A loss of 600gms for me this week, bringing me to 102kgs.  I shouldn't have had a loss, I didn't work hard enough for one, but I'll take it.  Disappointed I've let myself slip the last week, as I soooo wanted to be in double digits for Bali, but it doesn't look like I'll get there unless I push myself beyond my comfort zone over the next week.  I'll see if I can do it.  If I do, it will be a nice way to start my holiday.

I was interested though in seeing my tracker at the top of my blog once I updated it this morning.  I only have 37kgs to go.  Now 37kgs may seem like a hell of a lot to a thinner person, or someone who is overweight with only 20 or so kilos to lose, but seeing that number "37" has brought me great relief this morning.  It doesn't seem such a huge unreachable goal anymore.  I can do this!  I will do this!  Back at my heaviest weight I had a grand total of nearly 68kgs to lose.  I remember looking at that figure all those years ago and how disheartened I felt.  Never in my wildest dreams would I ever think I would be able to achieve it!  But now I know I will.  I'll get there!  I have no doubts at all.

So, I probably won't reach my goal of double digits before I leave for Bali next week.  But so what?  I'll still get there.  Slow & steady wins the race, and I'm already a winner!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Of course you are a winner, you married me!!! Yes you will get there because you are more determined this time and you have learnt so much more about the journey compared to your efforts in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Julie! You have a great attitude and belief and you will get there. Enjoy Bali, recharge and come back with a vigour that you didn't realise you possessed and smash those 37 kg to smithereens!

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete