Friday, October 19, 2012

The Countdown Is On!!!

It's week 8 of the 12wbt already!!  I could say that I have "wasted" this round, but I don't really see it like that at all.  I knew from the outset this round was going to be a difficult & challenging one.  We had the trip to Perth, my birthday & party the weekend after, and just now a week in Bali.  I definitely don't think I have wasted this round - I think I needed it, as I dread to think of what could have happened if it hadn't been for the guidance of Michelle Bridges & the 12wbt.  I am sure I would have gained weight, with the excessive drinking & eating on these occasions.  I am sure I would have been a bit too relaxed and lazy.  There's no point thinking "I'll just start afresh next round".  You just have start afresh the very next day!   And that's the difference the 12wbt has made in my life.  I was always thinking "I'll start on Monday"  or "I'll start afresh after the party/dinner/function next week".  I was always making excuses, and if I got off track, then I made sure I bloody well stayed off track.

Bike riding in Bali
Now, I'm not saying that I am off track, but after the big gain with the trip to Bali, I would have in the past shrugged my shoulders & said "stuff it" and fallen back into old habits.  But that was the old Julie. The new Julie has jumped back into the 12wbt with both feet and is raring to go!!!

It's now only 8 sleeps until The Ride to Conquer Cancer.  I can't believe how quickly the time has flown since I made the decision to do the ride, in honour of my Dad and his battle with cancer.  I am so proud of myself, having raised over $3,500 for Peter Mac, and also of my fellow team mates & their fundraising efforts.  Greg has raised over $6,000 which is just mind blowing, and our whole team "Fighting Back" has raised nearly $26k in total!!!!!  All for Peter Mac & their cancer research.  It is going to be a hard slog riding 200kms in 2 days, but when I think I am tired and can't go on, I will think of my Dad & what he is going through & I will push on.  Have just checked the weather forecast, and I can't say I am overjoyed by it - rain & 16 degrees over the 2 days!  ARGH!

I will NOT be riding this next weekend!
And also only 4 weeks until the close of this round of 12wbt, and our weekend in Sydney, with the Sydney Harbour Bridge climb, and 12wbt workout & finale party.  The stressful thing about the whole thing for me is the outfit selection!  It took me ages to find something last round, and now here I am faced with it again.  I hate shopping at the best of times, but I put that down to always having to shop for plus sizes, and I look forward to the day when I can walk into a trendy normal size store & buy something straight off the rack without worrying what I look like.  Ho hum.

Onwards & downwards.....





2 comments:

  1. ROFL I can't believe your bike in Bali had a steering wheel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Dayna. I didn't actually ride THAT bike, but there were a heap of them that we saw for hire! Wouldn't risk it!

      Delete