Saturday, October 13, 2012

Beautiful Bali!!!

The swim up bar at the Hyatt, Sanur
I'm posting this from poolside in Bali.  We've now been here for 4 nights. The Bali Hyatt in Sanur is beautiful, the weather has been perfect, and its been wonderful having time alone with hubby. We've had time to be just a couple, without being a mum, dad, cook, cleaner, taxi driver, manager, etc. As hubby puts it, it's being great to recharge the batteries!


Unfortunately, the last two days have seen us hit with a dose of Bali belly, so we've been unable to go far from the hotel for fear we need a toilet quickly. We have been feeling better today though.
As for food and exercise, I still have a long way to go to not have the holiday mentality.  Mish says we shouldn't use a holiday to slip into bad habits, but shouldn't we able to relax a little?  I have been torn by feelings of guilt and regret over choices I've made and I'm disappointed that I am feeling like this whilst on holiday - it's something I will have to process in my mind when we get back I think.


Crab Fettucine from Motorino in Sanur
Lunch at La Lucciano in Seminyak 
We've done a great amount of walking the first couple of days we were here. Unfortunately the next day we were sick, and although still not better today we did manage a walk, a gym workout and an hour long bike ride.  Food choices have been hard in the hotel. I honestly thought it would be easier to get clean food - even salads, but its just sandwiches, wraps, rice, noodles etc - all the stuff we try to stead clear of!  Frustrating!

Traditional Balinese Lunch
And probably the biggest challenge for me has been the Bintang Beer. After all, it's cheaper than water here and what's better than a nice cold beer on hot sweltering day? I've indulged in far too many and the scales are reflecting it. I'm in for a large gain when I get back to Melbourne.  I'm mostly disappointed that I'm not enjoying this holiday as much because of those bloody scales! Just goes to show I have a hell of a long journey ahead of me, not just physically but mentally!

Sanur Beach

3 comments:

  1. Then stop stressing about them and enjoy yourself. You will work it off when we get back, it will just take a couple more weeks to get to goal. It is a marathon not a sprint remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly what Greg just said! And remember that before all this you may have not done the walking or the gym or the hour long bike ride and just indulged. ;)

    Look at the positives. Stay active. Enjoy, relax, eat like a tourist, sample, don't eat to overfull and don't let the scales take away a holiday experience. Big picture. :)

    I'm more than slightly green with envy that you are away ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with both Greg & Vikki. You are/were on holiday! It was a time to relax and enjoy the adult time you and Greg had together and if that included a few drinks who cares.
    I bet before 12WBT there would have been more drinks, poorer food choices & no exercise... Celebrate the small wins, and if it is alcohol weight you have put on most of it will be fluid retention that will drop off by next Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete