Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Week 9 Weigh In Wednesday

I was seriously stoked this morning to wake up, wee, weigh in & see a loss of 2.2kgs on the scales.  Then I was even further stoked to see that my maths are terrible and I have actually lost 2.5kgs this week!!!  I am still up 1.2kgs on the gain I had whilst in Bali, but with minimal exercise this week, and a little bit of a battle with the wine & chocolate earlier on, I am pretty happy with my results!

My non-scale win this week was to actually get into the store & TRY clothes on.  Something I have always hated doing, but I think I'll be doing a lot more of in the future!!!

Week 9 on the 12wbt has seen the return of the Accelerator Day on Tuesdays.  I hated these days in the last round, because without carbs (including fruit!!), I felt tired and horrible all day, and I didn't see that it had any impact on my weightloss at all
Accelerator Day Big Brekkie
I must say that yesterday I felt fine with the first Accelerator Day.  I think I was more prepared for it this time, and I made sure I ate a heap of protein to keep my energy levels up.  I also had an enormous breakfast to set me up for the day.  I've been working every night this week, which makes for a very stressed mum & wife, but yesterday I prepared tonight's dinner of meatloaf in advance, so I would have time to be able to get on the bike this morning.  This is a major contributing factor to success on the 12wbt I have found - PLANNING and PREPARING!  We don't stick to the 12wbt menu plan 100%.  I swap & change the food going by what we have in the fridge/freezer, so there is no waste & it is economical for a large family of six.  I am looking forward to tonight's meatloaf though - it is one of the family's favourites!  Made with an apple & orange in it, and fruit chutney spread over the top.  YUM!  The kids love it cold on their sandwiches the next day also.

12wbt meatloaf (uncooked) - one of our favs in this family!
It's only 3 sleeps now until the 200km Ride to Conquer Cancer.  I am so excited & nervous & just cannot wait to get going!  I went for a leisurely 27km ride this morning, on a bike I've borrowed from the ever lovely Bec.  My bike is a clunker, not made for long distance rides, and Bec's old bike is a lovely Giant one suited more to the ride this weekend.  I wanted to take my time, and get used to the strange gears, the thinner tyres and the brakes on this bike.  It is so windy outside today that at one point I actually got blown sideways off the bike!!!  And I am ever so happy to report there were no swooping magpies!
So, a HUGE weekend coming up.  SO EXCITING!!!  Bring it on!!!

Out on my 27km bike ride this morning

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I think with Accelerator days its all about planning and stocking up on the right snacks :)
    That meatloaf looks amazing is that the one on the Week 10 Menu?
    Great work on the scales this week :)

    ReplyDelete