Monday, October 22, 2012

Seriously?? A Size 16????

We've been fortunate enough to meet some fantastic people through the 12wbt.  One of them is Dayna, who during the week purchased her first designer label item, and also her finale dress.  She inspired me to get out there shopping.  Now, let me explain... I loathe clothes shopping, and it all stems from being too fat to fit into anything nice, and having to always shop in the stores designed for big sizes.  TS14+, Autograph, and the plus size labels from Target & Kmart have been my staple stores, to name a few.   I also only have the desire to find a dress for the 12wbt Finale party online, like I did for the last party.
However today, with Dayna's fantastic purchases in mind, I decided to visit a Myer store & check out some of their designer labels.  To my dismay, there were hardly any Size 18 dresses - actually, I think there was only one I could find in a dress I liked.  There were a heap of size 16 dresses though, so I loaded my arms up with them, thinking that I might be lucky & at least one might be roomy enough to fit my enormous norgs & other generous curves into.
Well, blow me down, they ALL fit!  Size 16!!!!!  HOLY SHITBALLS!!!!  Shock, amazed, ecstatic - all these emotions were running through me.  You could not wipe the smile off my face!  Telling my bestie this news today, she remarked I should have run through the store screaming "WHOOO HOOOO"!!!
So, I now I own not one, but two, size 16 dresses, one of which I will wear to the Finale party!!!  And guess what?  I think I don't mind shopping anymore!  

5 comments:

  1. You might not mind it but I certainly do!!!! Well done seetheart, this is a small reward for all the hard work you have been putting in. It will only get better from here, but you better pick up a few more shifts at work if you want to keep spending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:59 pm

    What a complete and utter thrill. Well Done Jules....
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am laughing (outloud) at your enormous norgs comment!!!

    Well done Jules. It is a great feeling to be able to reach a milestone such as this. Every chick has those "skinny jeans" we keep at the back of the cupboard and try to wriggle into. Finally being able to get into them without looking like an idiot laying on the bed is one of the greatest feelings!!

    Loving your blogs, your journey and inspiration! Following you and Greg made me clean up myself and I have just been able to get back into a size 12 pants. Seeing 69.9 on the scales will see me break out the happy dance and because of you guys, I am not that far away!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WooHoo!!! Better keep your wallet close now Greg!!!
    I know how scary/ daunting it is to bypass the plus sizes and go into unfamiliar territory but what a payoff. Just think every shopping centre, most shops are now open to you!!! I have the week off work before finale we should hit up DFO Southwharf for some new casual clothes for Sydney :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a terrific post, go you! I think maybe our minds and our view of ourselves can be skewed slightly. I'm used to having to buy perhaps the only thing in a store that will fit me, whether I like it or not. But I had a similar experience. I found my finale dress, and took it in to try on and burst into tears. Not because I hated it, but because it was too big! I actually had to go down a size. What a feeling. So I know exactly how you are feeling. On top of the world.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete