"We are what we repeatedly do.
Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Well, I must be honest & admit the last 2 nights I have let myself slip. With wine & chocolate! Why? Old habits have been sneaking back in. I have been perfect and eating clean all throughout the day, and then when night hits & I have my bum parked on the couch, the old habit of eating & drinking has reared it's ugly head. Doesn't help that we have boxes of fundraising chocolates in the house to sell!!! And left over wine from my 40th birthday party!
So, I've spent this morning with a coffee in front of the computer watching Mish's 12wbt mindset videos from the last couple of weeks. Last round, I watched these enthusiastically each week, but this round I haven't bothered with them. So today I've taken the time to play catch up.
A couple of things I've taken away from these videos...
- It takes 2 weeks to break a ritual. My ritual in the past was to sit & watch TV with Greg. Wine in hand, chips & chocolate at the ready. This old ritual has made its way back into my life over the last couple of nights, but NO MORE. I want to get back into the habit of having a cup of tea in front of the TV. Or, as in the last round, be so busy with exercising & preparing clean food, that I don't have a lot of time to be sitting down in front of the TV!!!!
- Michelle's lay-by system. If I crave something, like a chocolate or a wine, I will start to use the lay-by system - that is, if I feel like giving in to a craving, I will lay-by that feeling for 24 hours, and if I still want it 24 hours later, then have I will have it.
- Strengthen my willpower muscle again. I have let my will power muscle slacken over the last couple of weeks, so I need to once again flex it, to toughen it up.
- Unravelling the psychology of weight loss. Michelle mentions this in one of her videos, and how it can take a very long time work this out. I need to have a good look inside myself as to why the last couple of nights have been a problem for me, and I need to work on this constantly to keep myself in line.

>
No comments:
Post a Comment