Thursday, August 01, 2013

End of Round 2 2013

Yesterday was the last weigh in of the 12wbt round 2 2013.  I have been dreading this day for weeks, knowing that I have been so off track, not staying accountable and not exercising to my full potential.
So, what was the damage done? A 1.9kg gain for the round. Disappointing, yes, a waste of a round, no. The reason I think this is that I have made a huge discovery this round. I have realised something about myself I didn't know before. When things are stressful -  I eat and drink my emotions. I know a lot of other people do this, and I honesty never ever thought I did...... until now!!!
Coffee stop on a quick 25km ride yesterday
It has been a stressful couple of months with issues concerning my Dad, and then to find out I was redundant at work was just the proverbial icing on top of the cake! So I ate and most especially, I drank my way through dealing with it.

But that lightbulb went off last week, and I'm ready to get back to the Julie of My first round. 
Tuesday I made time to get on the 12wbt site and do my preseason tasks. For those who are not members of 12wbt, this is a series of tasks set out to help you get ready for the season ahead (starting 12th August). Instead of copying and pasting like I usually do each round, I sat down and actually thought about what I was doing, what my goals were, etc. In doing so, I believe I am setting myself up for success.


The biggest spanner in the works for this round will be the 10 day trip to Bali we are taking in September.  However, I've proven previously that I can still make wise choices and stay active whilst on holiday, so I plan to do it this holiday as well. I also plan to go booze free as much as possible, as with drinking comes the snacking that is a huge downfall with me.

Last night was a huge test for me.  I was tired, two of the kids have been sick this week.  My eldest has a tummy bug like gastro, so it has meant I have not stopped doing loads of washing for 2 days.  My youngest has a double ear infection, which means lots of interrupted nights of sleep - and then last night he decided to have a tantrum from bed time for over 2 hours!!!  My heel spurs were the worst they've EVER been meaning every step was like a knife going through my heels.  I needed wine to help me get through the evening!  Sure enough that little voice was going off in my head that I needed to head off to the local & pick up some wine to soothe my heels, and my patience.

But I stood strong.  A little win for me in my battle to get fully back on track!


No comments:

Post a Comment