Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Week 1 Weigh In - Let's Smash This!!!

Double Digits, watch out (again!)
It seems a little like cheating when you weigh in after a big couple of weeks, and then weigh in only 2 days later for our first official weigh in.  I'm happy to report a loss of 3.7kgs !!!  Yes, most of it would have been the alcohol consumption & related fluid retention for it, but I'm taking it & running with it!!

Day 2 came & went with me still feel a little bit hungry, especially at night.  My water intake is going really well, boosted by lovely cups of herbal tea.  I find a nice cup of Jarrah Hot Chocolate in the evening does very nicely, thank you.  I wasn't able to get out & exercise yesterday, and with my heel spurs, I am not fussed that much, but as long as my nutrition is spot on, I can worry about the exercise when I get my heels sorted.  I must admit I am REALLY missing my walks to & from the supermarket!

Nothing like a big brekkie of eggs, mushrooms & lettuce!

Last night's dinner - Spag with tuna, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, lemon & feta.  YUM!

So, heel spurs.  Ouch.  I thought having a shit ankle was painful enough, but to tell you the truth I can't even notice the pain in my ankle anymore with the shooting pain in my heels every time I take a step.  The strapping the physio did a fortnight ago on my really bad one (which just happens to be my left heel - the same leg as my bad ankle!), was a God send.  It really did help relieve the pain.  But of course it had to be removed for last week's spray tan (priorities right?) and since then I have suffered.


So now the plan is to have cortisone injections in my heels.  I have the physio tomorrow morning, followed by a doctors appointment to get it all organised.  I need this pronto!!!

Greg is off this weekend to Brisbane on his first of six Ride to Conquer Cancer bike rides.  I am so enormously proud of him, but also get a little pang of jealousy thinking about it, as it is something I would LOVE to have done.  Highly impractical with 4 kids of course, not to mention the fundraising side of things, but unbelievably Greg has raised over $10,000 so far for cancer research around Australia & New Zealand.  I just cannot put into words how much I love this man!!!!

3 weeks til Bali & I am committing RIGHT NOW to the fact I will be in double digits by then.  So excited I've found my mojo.  I'm so bloody well ready to smash this round!!!

Onwards & downwards........

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:55 am

    Horrid luck on the heel spur,but your attitude is great. Make use of weights while you have the gym access -- can totally still do most weight training with a bad heel. Kyla

    ReplyDelete