Sunday, August 18, 2013

Lazy Sunday Goal Setting

Smokey enjoying the view
It's a windy Sunday morning, and here I sit in my pyjamas, drinking an instant coffee - YUK!!!  Our coffee machine broke down a couple of weeks ago & I'm still waiting to hear from the repairer when I can pick it up.  Instant Maccona coffee just does NOT cut it!

Greg is away in Brisbane on the Ride to Conquer Cancer, all four kids are watching movies we hired yesterday, and the heater is cranked up to boiling.  Unfortunately our weekend activity won't be much due to my heel spurs.  A trip to one of the zoos would have been nice but I can't walk, and then I thought I'd take the kids to the movies or drive ins last night (cause I can sit!), but there aren't any good kids movies on at the moment.

So, in the quiet of this morning I thought I'd catch up on reading some blogs I haven't had a chance to look at for a while, and it led me back to reading over some of my very old blog posts as well.  I started this blog when I was 33 years old..... If only I knew then what I knew now, hey?  Hindsight is a funny thing.  I often look back & think what my life would have been like without the car accident & the dark depression that followed.  But I just have to believe that everything happens for a reason!!!

Reading back on my blog has made me realise, that besides setting myself a weight goal for this round, I haven't set any other goals.  So here are all my goals for this round:-

  • Weigh in under 90kgs at the end of the round
  • Exercise 6 days a week with the attitude of JFDI
  • Ride 40-100kms per week, weather permitting
  • Maintain my weight whilst in Bali
  • Drink a minimum of 1.5 litres of water each & every day
  • Track my calories in My Fitness Pal every single day (except when in Bali)
  • Complete the 200km Ride To Conquer Cancer in week 11 of the round 
  • Complete the RTCC without walking up a single hill
  • Stay off the booze (except whilst in Bali)
  • FEEL my emotions, and NOT eat or drink them as my redundancy from work looms before me - I finish up work in Week 12 of the round... :(
  • Be more patient with the kids, and not hurry them through life!
I will add more as I think of them, but if I can tackle all of these goals I've set, then that's a pretty amazing achievement!

We've also decided to make the journey to Sydney in November for the 12wbt end of round Finale.  Accommodation has already been booked & paid for!  I felt really horrible in Adelaide with my poor efforts in the round - every single kilo I had gained I could feel in my clothes & in my demeanour.  I didn't buy a new dress, because I didn't feel like I deserved one, so I wore the same one I wore to the party last round.  In fact, I didn't even really want to be on that weekend away.  This is different though.  I'm already excited for the Sydney weekend!  I have a group of my gorgeous Weight Watchers friends flying in from all over the country.  Heather from Perth, Sar & Wendy from Queensland, Jess from Noosa, Paula from Wagga, and Megs who is already in Sydney.  And of course Sarah (who I partied with in Adelaide) will be coming from Melbourne with me!  Eight of us girls out on the town in Sydney!  Cannot bloody wait!!  

Here's some of the yummy 12wbt meals we've had over the last 2 days....

Beef Fajitas
Saturday morning Buttermilk pancakes
Jacket potato with Lentils & tomato salsa

No comments:

Post a Comment