I've written on a number of occasions through the years about my gorgeous friends who met on the Weight Watchers forums many, many years ago. We chat daily on Facebook about our every day lives, and I value these girls as some of my dearest, closest friends.
This morning I woke to the news that one of these gorgeous women (one of 2 of us who are in NZ) has leukemia - blood cancer. To say this has hit me for a six would be an understatement! I sat and cried. This woman is one of the funniest gorgeous women I've ever met, with three young kids! It's not fair! Why?? Fuck you cancer!!!
I've thought about her all day. About what she is going through. About how her and her husband have spent the day processing this news. It's not fair!
I've thought about what she is going to tell her beautiful children. What she's telling her family. It's just not friggen fair!!!!
But that's cancer. It doesn't discriminate! It doesn't care if you're old, young, black, white, male, female, poor, rich, mother or childless. It's a fucker of a disease.
And it's why I ride.
Every cent I raise goes towards finding a cure for this fucker!
Fuck you cancer. We will beat you. Eventually.
To my gorgeous friend in NZ, sending you all my love and strength xxxxx

>
No comments:
Post a Comment