Tuesday, August 07, 2012

The End is Nigh!

Indeed, the end is nigh. Only 2 more weeks to go on the 12wbt!  And then we're straight into the NEXT round which is starting August 27th.  I am excited about the next round - as in this next round I will get into.... DOUBLE DIGITS!!!  Oh, how I cannot wait for that day!  There will be no wiping that stupid grin from my face!  Yes, it is only a number, but I have battled so long to get there, and I am so glad 12wbt has given me the confidence & the tools I need to get there.

So, I'm all signed up for Round 3, and hubby will be signed up soon, and I am so pleased that I have "inspired" quite a few of my friends to join up too.  I hope they all love the program as much as I do, and get out of it as much as I have over the last 9 weeks.  For referring 3 friends to the 12wbt, I am being sent a free Polar heart rate monitor.  Bonus!  I am going to sell it off & donate the proceeds to my Ride to Conquer Cancer.

Curried egg sandwich
Have had some yummy food this week, including my first proper sandwich in 9 weeks - a curried egg one.  It was delicious, but must admit I felt so bloated after the bread.  I am loving how my body is changing.  All the food on the 12wbt has been mostly delicious.  I think we've only had a couple of meals that we won't be repeating.  The kids like mostly all of them, but it's been easy to whip up something they like if I plan ahead on nights when we are having something I think they'll complain about.  Last night for dinner hubby & I had Sweet'n'Sour Pork (YUM!) and I made Mango Chicken for the kids with rice.

Sweet'n'Sour Pork
I fear the scales have not been kind to me since Friday night.  We decided to have a few wines, which turned into a "few too many" wines, and I paid for it the next day.  Very sick & unable to go for my early morning 40km bike ride.  So very disappointed in myself, and I won't be repeating the stupidity any time soon.  The good news is that I did not snack whilst drinking wine.  A small victory for me!  However, the scales have been heading in the wrong direction, although I have been PERFECT with nutrition ever since.  Oh well, it teaches me a valuable lesson & I have no one to blame but myself!

Accelerator Day Big Brekkie - Field mushies, poached eggs, rocket & salsa
Accelerator Day Lunch - Lamb Greek Salad with fetta, asparagus & figs.
Onwards & downwards......

2 comments:

  1. Jules you are doing such a great job, you have certainly inspired me too! I will be joining in the next round. I've already pulled out Michelle's book and have been making meals from it for me and hubby.

    Can I ask how you cope with eating out and social events? Do you eat first at home or just try to choose the best thing on offer? That's the hardest part for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Ros,
    We've eaten out a couple of times, and just choose the best we can. Just the usual hints like steer clear of creamy sauces, anything fried or oily, and opt for veggies where you can. Keep clear of rice, breads etc. Good on you for giving it a go!!! Jules x

    ReplyDelete