Thursday, August 09, 2012

Feeling Foolish, and the BIG 4.0.


Well, yes, I am feeling a bit foolish after yesterday's post.  BUT, I am trying to put my feelings out there as honestly as possible, and yesterday I just felt down-trodden at the fact the scales had not moved downwards in 6 days!  However, as Ros (thanks for your comment Ros!!!) & my always supportive hubby have kindly reminded me, this is about the BIG picture and not just a week!  I definitely am proud of the fact I have lost 15kgs in 10 weeks.  I am proud of the fact I am pushing myself when it comes to exercise and I am not making excuses anymore.  I am proud because I have eaten mostly clean for the last 10 weeks.  And I have not once fallen off the wagon.  Eating a few lollies or drinking a few wines has been MY choice.  I am proud of the fact it IS different this time, and I am proud I have realised that this is it for the rest of my life!
I did write down all my food & calories yesterday & was shocked that I had eaten UNDER 1000 calories!  I made up for the deficit with a coffee & some fruit, but it was a wake up call to me that I need to keep track & make sure I am eating all my calories each day.


At work last night, I was sitting at my desk looking at  my roster for the next 4 weeks, when I realised.... HOLY SHIT!  I am turning 40 in a month's time.  40.  FORTY.  Four-0.  WOW!  A little bit of disappointment hit me, as I have been planning on being trim & fit for my fortieth for about the last 5-10 years!  However, at least I am on the right track, and I can comfort myself in knowing that I will be trim & fit in my fortieth YEAR!  Whoo hoooo!!!!


In other news...I had a well overdue physio session for my ankle this morning, and he gave me some tips on the pain I am getting in my knees from cycling, which involves exercises using a roll thingamajig! My ankle always feels wonderful after a visit to the physio, and I've made another appointment for 3 weeks time.
AND we've had a few sick kids this week - high temps, flu, vomiting, spots.  JOY!!!!


Oh, and a big shout out & WELL DONE to my bestie Jen who is on the 12wbt journey as well.  She is doing so well at this & is losing massive amounts of weight & could hopefully be at her goal weight in the next round!  Go you good thing!!!  Very proud!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment