Saturday, August 25, 2012

Ready to Rock Round 3

I ordered an outfit online for the 12wbt Finale in a couple of weeks time in Perth.  The store is in Richmond, on the other side of Melbourne, and I thought it would be easier to just have the item delivered, than drag the kids along with me, or waste my time battling traffic.  The garment arrived, and I loved it!!!!  However, it didn't sit right.  My Size 22 outfit was too big!

I called them up & I could mail it back & they repost a smaller size, but instead I decided to trek to the store, 2 feral children in tow & try on the size 20.  It fit!  YAY!  I then thought I'd just try a size 18 in case.  It probably wouldn't fit, but while I was standing there in my bra & undies, I  might as well give it a go.  And it fit!  HOLY COW!!!  That's when it ACTUALLY dawned on me..... I've lost weight!  I am smaller!  I fit into a size 18!!!!!  And you know how you always HATE your reflection in those changing room mirrors - well I actually LIKED mine!  Saggy skin, bumps, lumps and all.


However, it seemed a day later after this realisation that I am actually smaller, that I let the wheels fall off.  Hubby and I have been having a few wines the last couple of nights to celebrate the end of the round, but realise we can't fall back into old habits, so it was only a couple of nights, and THAT'S IT!! However, yesterday, while making my 5yo a jam sandwich, I decided I would like one too.  Not much of a problem, however, I had just had lunch already.  And I didn't eat just one slice of bread with butter & jam - I ate five!!!!  FIVE!  F.I.V.E!!!  WTF was I thinking (besides the fact "ohhhh, yummm")?  Bread lathered with jam & butter is one of my all time favourite things, but did I need 5 slices of it??  Totalling 699 calories!!!!  NO!  So why did I do it?

I have no clue to the REAL reason I did it.  But I do know I was thinking that I deserved it.  That I had just lost 17.7kgs, so why the hell not eat 5 slices of bread!  It is a pattern that I am familiar with - doing a great job & sabotaging myself.  And this is the reason that I find the 12wbt so wonderful - the mindset lessons I am learning.  This is why I need to continue this program!  Sure, it was only one real bingeing issue in 12 weeks, but it is lying there underneath the surface, and it is something that I need to conquer to ensure it never happens again.

So, after a few nights of indulging in wines, and a day of eating more bread than I have consumed in  12 weeks, the scales are showing me nearly 2kgs heavier.  Not the way I wanted to start the next round off, but I will OWN it, and work my butt of between now & Wednesday to minimise the damage.  I am RARING TO GO with this next round!!!  Lots of obstacles coming up (Perth finale, 40th Birthday party, trip to Bali) but I am going to SMASH it!!!!!

BRING IT ON BABY!!!!!!!!!


3 comments:

  1. What a great feeling to be buying several sizes smaller! Nothing tastes as good as that.

    I have signed up and will be joining you for round 3 starting tomorrow. Hubby is signing up as we speak and we are raring to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Ros!!!! So glad you've taken the plunge! Can't wait to hear how you go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Jules. This journey is about learning the lessons that will keep you on track and dealing with binging is one of those lessons. Many would just give up and then eat six - but you didn't. You have learned the importance that it is OK to take one step back at times - as long as you take 3 forward to make up for it.

    Well done and looking forward to the amazing things that you will acheive in the next 12 weeks!

    ReplyDelete