Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Day of Highs & Lows

It's here!  The final weigh in day of the 12wbt.  I can't believe how far Greg and I have come together in this journey.  What a ride!!!  But, of course, it's not over.  Just the beginning of the rest of our lives!  And Round 3 of the 12wbt starts Monday!!!

Weigh in for me this morning saw a loss of 1.8kgs (bugger that I had gained that extra 1.5kgs lost with the gastro!!!), so I have had an overall loss of 17.7kgs in 12 weeks.   14.1% loss of my body weight.  Frigging amazing!!!  So very proud of myself!!  Greg has lost an amazing 24.5kgs!!!!  UN-BLOODY-BELIEVABLE!!!!

So, a great & happy start to the day came crashing down with a thud.  This morning I had my 16 year old dog Daisy put down.  She would have been 17 in a few months.  I remember the day I saw the little white fluff ball in a pet shop in Williamstown, and I bought her for myself as a Valentine's Day present from my then fiancé.  Of course, he was none too impressed with her, as we already had 2 big dogs at home, but I was besotted!!   She had many adventures, moving from house to house with me.  She sat on my lap as I drove my car, even came with me to many a Sunday session at the pubs/cafes in Williamstown on a sunny afternoon.  I must admit my baby became a bit neglected once I had babies of the human kind, but she was such a great dog.  Never a nuisance with her barking, always taking on the bigger dogs to protect her owner.  Always happy to see the kids & they loved her being a part of their lives.  In the last couple of months, she went downhill rapidly, and I had been putting off for weeks the inevitable.  This morning as I was getting on my bike, I looked down at her sniffing my leg & made the heartbreaking decision that it had to be done.  I originally asked Greg to take her to the vet, but then decided it couldn't be done by anyone else, it had to be me.  It should be me there holding her & scratching her behind her ears as she left this world.  And so it was.  I held her as she took her last breath & have brought her home to be buried in the garden, where we will plant something special in memory of our darling Daisy.





2 comments:

  1. well done on the fantastic loss
    I am sorry for the loss of your beloved Daisy

    I would be planting a tree and round the base always have daisies grown there in her memory

    Thinking of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Sorry for the loss of Daisy.

    Well done on your incredible effort for the round. Truly inspirational!

    ReplyDelete