Monday, December 10, 2012

Red Flag Fail



I've still been feeling terrible with the Ross River Virus, and was only able to do 5 minutes of our regular Saturday morning training session before I had to call it quits.  It is driving me insane having no control over this!  I hate feeling so drained & tired all the time!

Saturday night was my first "Red flag" event of the silly season.  It was a catch up with a group of my best friends for our Annual Kris Kringle dinner, and one of my friend's hosted it at her place.  I was struck down badly with exhaustion on Saturday, so was in doubt I would make it to the dinner at all.  I spent all day Saturday in bed to rest, and I was able to make it although I wasn't feeling the best.

I was so glad I went - being with friends is definitely food for the soul.  However, after hardly eating anything all day, I let my guard down with the pre dinner nibbles - dips, bikkies and cheeses.  We then had takeaway Thai for dinner, and although Thai Green Curry is my favourite dish of ALL TIME, I made the wise choice of beef & vegetable stir fry with chilli, and didn't opt in for any rice or roti bread.  Dessert was a small slice of pavlova.  I also had a champers & a bottle of wine, and there went my calories for the day!!!


Now, of course we are all allowed to let our hair down now & then, but I have to be mindful that I am not capable of exercising, so my calorie intake has to be PERFECT.  I know this, but still, I struggle with it.

Sunday I actually felt a bit better after my day of bed rest, and we had a catchup BBQ at our place with the Ride to Conquer Cancer team - some members we did the ride with in October, and some new members who will be joining us next year.  Was a lovely relaxing afternoon, but of course I ate way too much, and drank another bottle of wine. Shit!

So, back into it again today.  I have woken so tired that I feel I need to get back to bed.  I just can't live like this - one day feeling well, the next day exhausted.  It is just the most frustrating feeling ever!!!  I just want to feel NORMAL again!!

I've set myself a few goals for this week:
  1. When not working late shifts, to be in bed by 9.30-10pm at the absolute latest to give myself lots of rest.  I've been going to bed late some nights, and that is not helpful with the exhaustion I am feeling.
  2. To drink 4 bottles of my 750ml water bottle (ie. 3 litres).  I've been slackening off with the water the last week, so I need to build this habit back up again.
  3. To track my calorie intake religiously so I know how I am faring.  I've been working it out in my head the last 3 weeks!
  4. To do some core exercises this week & gentle walks EVERY single day.  Even though I am not feeling the best, 10 minutes of core is better than none!
  5. To be organised & plan for the busy week we have ahead.  We have ballet performances, Kinder concert & school concert on this week, so a very, very busy week ahead. 
So, the beginning of Week 4 & I plan on achieving the goals I've set for myself.   If only I could keep my eyes open long enough......

Here's some pictures of some delicious 12wbt dinners we've had this week that the whole family have enjoyed.

Kangaroo Pie with Mushy Peas

Nasi Goreng with Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment