I've just signed up for my very first triathlon. Lord help me!
Now, I know that I may be slightly insane signing up for it seeing as I am currently suffering from the effects of Ross River Virus, but I really want to do this! I've signed up for the short course, but hope I will be able to get the training in (and of course feel well enough) to do the medium course. I'm not worried at all about the bike leg, or even the running leg (which I will walk/jog/shuffle, or as Greg calls it, joffle!), but I am worried about the swim leg. I am not a strong swimmer, and to tell the truth I can't get the breathing thing correct without gulping down water whilst doing freestyle. But I will give it my best shot anyway. Oh, and there is another thing. BATHERS!!! My Lord, I really don't want to be seen in bathers!!!
It's week 3 or 4 of having RRV. Or is it week 5? I've lost count with all the horrible days blurring into each other. I do know that I've only had 3 days of feeling well in the last 2 weeks. Tuesday of last week, Sunday just gone, and today I am feeling pretty good as well. I'm a bit worried because I seem to have a really, really bad day after a day of feeling well, and tomorrow I have a 7 hour shift at work, followed by our work Christmas party. I am praying I will be okay for it, as I really want to go, and I've paid for Greg to come as well. Fingers crossed!
So, battling on! 5 weeks until the Triathlon Pink!!!

>

Did you buy Greg a cow bell to cheers us on at the finish line? I didn't buy Gareth one there's no way he's getting out of bed on a Sunday at 6am...
ReplyDeleteNow your a slimmer version of yourself you may just be surprised how good your starting to look in a swimsuit, I got mine from Target it rusched around the stomach so it disguises the bits you don't want people to notice :)