Thursday, December 27, 2012

Goodbye Silly Season!!!

My bestie Jen & I at our Kris Kringle dinner
Well, my notable absence on my blog is well & truly an indication of how I've been going on the 12wbt.  One word to describe it?  SHIT!!!!

WOW what a huge couple of weeks!!!!  Dinners and catchup with friends, ballet concerts & rehearsals, kindergarden & school concerts, kinder picnics, Paige's birthday, the list goes on!!!!  All whilst battling Ross River Virus, and not having a car whilst it was in getting fixed after the smash.   Unfortunately the silly season seems to have gotten the better of me, and my weeks have been filled with no exercise & copious amounts of booze & bad food choices.   Sure, I haven't been well with the RRV so I have an excuse not to exercise, and this week I have had the mother of all toothaches, but there is no excuse for eating badly & drinking in excess.

Last week I gained 500gms.  This week I gained.... wait for it... *drumroll*.... 3.9kgs.  Yep!  Overindulge much?

This last week before Christmas was hectic to say the least.  With not feeling well, and little time, unfortunately we fell into the trap of takeaway food for convenience.  I might add here also that our freezer is FULL of frozen 12wbt meals, so there really was no excuse!  In one week we managed to eat fish'n'chips, pizza on 2 nights, and KFC (my daughter's choice for her birthday).  Throw into that Christmas day at our place with the inlaws & a boxing day of drinking & eating leftovers, and I should be lucky 3.9kgs was the only damage!!!  I can only put it down to being tired & lazy in the build up to Christmas.  Still, no excuses!

So here I sit today, weighing 105.3kgs, and I am owning it.  I had a great Christmas period, and enjoyed my nights drinking with Greg.  But it's over now.  I don't want to slip back into those old habits.  I don't want to be that person anymore.  All the booze is gone.  The leftovers & crap food are in the bin or eaten.  Today is a fresh start.  I'm off the booze, and even plan on having a dry New Year's Eve.  And I am even looking forward to it!

Our beautiful Christmas tree, decorated by the kids; the new trainers Greg & I
 bought each other for Christmas (yep mine are the bright yellow ones!); Santa photo; our 4 little elves
 
In a week's time we go away to our caravan for 2 weeks, and I plan on coming home in double digits.  This is a HUGE ask.  Holidaying at our caravan is usually a time of beer drinking in the sun, and wine drinking with nibbles at night.  But not this year.  The caravan park has a new gym, beautiful new pools, and a walking/running track.  We'll be packing our boxing gloves & pads, and taking our bikes, so there is really no excuse for not exercising each day.  We CAN DO THIS!  Together as a team, Greg and I will smash this!!!

Aidan & I with Paige on her 10th Birthday, 2 days before Christmas.
So, the silly season is over & done with.  I'm still hit & miss with the days I feel well & the days I am bed ridden.  But there is no excuse for not eating clean, and exercising on those days I do feel good.  Let's do this!

I hope you all had a fantastic & safe Christmas, and enjoyed your time with friends & family!  Christmas definitely is just such a beautiful time of year - my favourite by far!

Now on to 2013!  Cannot wait!  Onwards & downwards....

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo first step taken pantry is clean your ready for success :)
    Sounds like you have planned your holiday you are going to smash the double digits :)

    ReplyDelete