Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Week 2 of 12wbt

Wow!  What a week!  Round 2 of Michelle Bridges' 12wbt (12 Week Body Transformation) started last Monday 4th June, coincidentally, Owen's 5th Birthday!  Hubby and I were as anxious as ever, and keen to get started.  The Thursday before, our menu plans & exercise plans for the week were released, as well as a shopping list for everything we would need.  We were set!  Had to make a few adjustments to accommodate cooking for the family, as the menu & shopping list only serves two, but otherwise, we were ready to go!!
When Monday arrived, we both were keen as mustard & had engines roaring.  We took photos of ourselves in our underwear.  And we weighed in - I weighed in at a hefty 125.8kgs.  I'm not yet game enough to post my underwear shots on here, but I am sure I will at a later date when I have updated photos to compare them to.
Turkey Mountain bread wrap
Beef Fajita
Apple tart with low fat ice-cream
 The food on this plan is sensational, and our kids have really loved it too.  This last week for dinner, we have had such meals as Vietnamese Beef noodle soup, Penang Chicken, beef fajita, cajun chicken, lamb cutlets, Mexican Shepherds Pie & crumbed fish.  All absolutely delish!!!  The brekkies & lunches have been just as superb, and it has been relatively easy to stick to the 1200cals a day with the menu like this.  There were a couple of days were I felt really hungry, but they've passed, and I've also come to realise that those times I felt starving were time where I was at home & bored & looking for something (other than housework) to fill my time, so obviously boredom has played a bit of a part in that.
Now, the exercise.  Let me just say, there were a couple of days of tears earlier on in the week.  On this plan, for someone like me who weighs over 100kgs, we are supposed to burn 500+ calories a day & 1000+ calories on our Super Saturday Session (known as SSS).  On the very first day, it took me well over 2 hours to burn 500 calories.  It was 10pm at night & I broke down.  There was no way I could sustain a program like this!!  Where was I going to find the time in my busy schedule with work & looking after 4 children to exercise for 2 hours a day, and then 4 hours on a Saturday?!?!!  Just impossible!  On Tuesday I exercised for over an hour & only burnt 320 calories, Wednesday I didn't manage it again, and yet again more late night tears were shed.
Until I came to the realisation, I am exercising every day for at least an hour.  I am moving my arse & sticking to the food plan perfectly.  The scales are moving in the right direction, so obviously I am doing something right!?!!?  Stuff the 500cals for the moment.  I will give my all for an hour of my day, regardless of the calories (although I am still wearing my Heart Rate Monitor just to keep track!).  It was like the cloudy skies parted & the sun shone through!  Alleluia!
Anyway, exercise this week has consisted of Michelle Bridges' workout DVDs, walking, xtrainer, and stairs. Having worked 3 long 8+ hour shifts the last 3 days, I was concerned at how I was going to get my exercise in.  I get 2 x 15min breaks at work plus a half hour lunch break.  A friend at work & walked the half an hour every lunch break (130 calories), and I spent 10 minutes of each of my breaks going up & down a flight of stairs (90 calories each session).  Let's just say, my legs have been so sore I have been hardly able to walk, and I have muscles aching I never knew existed in my legs!  I'm loving it!  As the stairs are right next to the toilet at work, I have made myself go & up down the stairs once every time I go to the toilet - which is a hell of a lot due to the amount of water i am drinking at the moment.   Feeling so very proud of the little things I have achieved this week.
And did I mention - NO WINE??!!  Not one drop!  YAY!!
So, our weigh in day on the plan is Wednesdays.  Our first Wednesday weigh in, only 2 days into the plan, and I weighed in at 124.1kgs - a loss of 1.7kgs.  Amazing!!!  Looking forward to our next weigh in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment