Friday, June 29, 2012

The Biggest Reason for Doing This.....

Monday night we have weekly swimming lessons for the kids.  My eldest has stopped his lessons as he is a terrific and competent swimmer.  We were sitting side by side on the wooden benches, watching the little two have their lessons (daughter was in the other pool behind us), and he reached down & patted my leg and said "Mum, I am very proud of you and all you're doing to lose weight & to get fit & healthy".   Just a flippant comment, out of the blue.  I nearly burst out sobbing there & then.  THIS is the reason I need to do this.  These kids are my everything, and they should have a mum they are proud of, and who can set them the best example of how to live a healthy life.

Just received a message from a friend, who had stumbled across this blog (via my husband's blog).  My first thought was of panic.  Shit, she knows how much I weigh!  And OMG she knows all my failures & has seen my fat photos!  Argggghhhh.  I raced to hubby's blog to find out where the link was, but then I thought.... SO WHAT?!!?  I'm not going to be this fat ever again.  I have made the decision to FINALLY put an end to all the excuses.  I like where hubby and I are heading together, and I should not be embarrassed by my journey to my ultimate goal.  So, this is me.  I weigh 117.7kgs (as of this morning), and I am not going to stop until I get to 65kgs!  Bring it on!!!!



5 comments:

  1. Good on you! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you have inspired me to bear all too! Now you can check out my "all" soon too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing wonderfully well.....keep it up cant believe you are going to ride 200km
    Over how many days are you doing it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kath, it's 200kms over 2 days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be so proud- had a little teary moment when I saw what your son had said- beautiful!! x.k

    ReplyDelete