Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Demon Called Self Doubt!


Well, had a very deflated day yesterday, and went for a long bike ride, and during it, I had lots of time to think.  Self doubt starting creeping back in!  I can't do this 12wbt - I'm not losing enough weight.  I can't do the exercise every day - I don't have time.  I can't do the 200km bike ride in October - I am not fast enough & I have sore knees.  Self doubt?  Or excuses????  The self doubt thankfully didn't lead to any self sabotage, which is what it would have led to in the past!  I am committed 100% to my clean food intake in this 12wbt, and am not tempted by foods (although the potato chips the kids snacked on yesterday afternoon smelt SOOO good!).
And yes, potato chips.  I am not going to deprive my kids of treats.  Just because we aren't eating crap, doesn't mean the kids can't have an occasional treat.  They are great healthy eaters, and I am happy with their diets!
I caught up for a chit chat with girlfriends last night, and on the table were bowls of lollies, chocolate, chips, dip & bikkies, but I stayed strong! And today I have woken with a new attitude, no more self doubt.  My day was made even brighter with my weight on the scales - 118.1kgs, a drop of 1.1kgs overnight.  Oh, why does it always happen a day later!??!?!


Anyway, in regards my self doubt, I am going to battle with these thoughts & win....

  • I can do this 12wbt - as of today I've lost 7.7kgs in 24 days!  That's amazing!!!
  • I can do the exercise EVERY day!  I have time, I just have to MAKE it!!!
  • I can do the 200km bike ride in October.  I just have to train harder & more often.  And even if it takes me 10 hours a day to ride it,  I will DO it.  It is nothing in comparison what people battling cancer are going through!
I am sure self doubt will rear its ugly head often through this journey, but as long as it doesn't lead to sabotage, I will be fine.  I can battle it & win out, and kick major goals.  I also have the unwavering support of my husband & best friend, who are both doing AMAZING on this as well, and who are both doing the bike ride with me in October!  

Onwards & downwards......

No comments:

Post a Comment