Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Man Vs Woman

Well, we're into week 3 now of the 12wbt, and hubby and I are still going great guns.  But I thought I'd take a minute to write about the frustrations of men losing weight and women losing weight.
TTOM (That Time of Month) arrived for me last night, and then with my sneaky daily weigh in, it showed a gain of 200gms overnight as well.  How frustrating is it for us women, that once a month we must be heavier because of TTOM!!  ARRGGHHH I could scream.  Of course, before TTOM we have to go through the emotional hormonal roller coaster  - last night I bit off hubby's head & spat it out just because I was tired & grumpy & didn't get to sit down on the couch until 9.30pm!!!   And then the hormonal "need" to eat as much crap as possible.  Thankfully, I am well on track with my eating, so when I noticed my increased hunger in the last few days, I made good choices.   For instance, I had 2 wraps yesterday instead of one, but I had the extra calories cause I was only having pumpkin soup for dinner.
But of course, the husband is going great guns.  He even did a boxing class last night at a local gym.  So very proud of him, but also a bit in awe, as I have never known him to want to exercise or be fit since we have known each other.  So glad he had his lightbulb moment.  For his sake & for mine - it makes it so much easier for me when he is focussed & on track!
And of course, my best friend is also on this journey & going great guns.  So proud of her too.  I know how hard it is to be a working Mum & stay on track, but she is a machine when she puts her mind to something!
Something that I thought about last night whilst doing the laundry (at 10.30pm!!!!) in my foul premenstrual mood.  Michelle Bridges, in the week 1 of the 12wbt, said that there is no excuse to not exercise.  If the previous Prime Minister of Australia could make time to exercise each morning, then surely we could.
Well, I am sure the PM didn't have to do his own washing, and that of 5 other family members!  I am sure he didn't have to prepare any meals, let alone that of a family of 6.  I am sure he didn't have to run around after 4 kids, with school, kinder, ballet, footy, swimming, art class, parties, sleepovers, etc.  And throw in 20+ hours of evening & weekend shifts at work!
Yes, he had a country to run, but he had numerous people to help him!!!!!  Grrrrrrrrr!!! Ahhh, how much better I feel having got that off my chest!!!
Onwards & downwards.....


1 comment:

  1. feel better soon .....keep going proud of you

    ReplyDelete