![]() |
| An exhausted Greg after his Half Marathon |
The morning had started off badly for me with trying to get the 4 kids organised and out the door by 7.45am. It should have been an Omen for what was to come. In hindsight, I should have taken up my Mum's offer on minding the little two, but they were keen to catch up with a friend's child who was supposed to be there, so I opted to take them along to see their Dad finish the race. It was a beautiful sunny morning in Melbourne, but absolutely freezing! The complaining started the minute we got out of the car!
![]() |
| Moi, Callum & Paige at the start of the race |
I ran over half of the 5km, and as I was nearing the finish chute, the pain in my ankle was shooting up & down my leg. I knew then that this would be the last time I would attempt to run. Paige was waiting at the finish line for me, and we had a quick cuddle, before I limped off to sit down and get my shoe off!
Unfortunately for Greg, the afternoon was a write off for me. I couldn't weight bear on my ankle, my heel felt like it was bruised, and I was relegated to using crutches again. Poor Greg had just run 21.1kms and he had to look after the kids & cook dinner. I was told in not such a nice manner that I was never to do an event on a day when he was doing one! It was something that reduced me to tears, but I can understand his frustration and his exhaustion after his morning's effort. However, I didn't set out with the intention of getting injured - I set out to run 5km Goddamit!!!!
A visit to my physio today and he concurred that my running days were over. I'll stick to the bike and as my friend Jess said to me today, I'll "make the bike my bitch!"
![]() |
| The bloody awesome Western Warriors who completed the Half Marathon - Emily, Greg, Renee, Greg, Theresa, Kristine & Nicole |

>


No comments:
Post a Comment