It's been a shit of a week. Yesterday I found out I am being made redundant from my job of 11 years.
Poor me. Going to be out of a job. I'll no longer have my cushy hours with the awesome group of girls I work with. Woe is me.
12wbt has been going shit as well. I just can't KEEP motivated. I can't seem to string more than one or two good days together without straying. And exercise? It's school holidays. Too hard!
But to put it all into perspective.... I still have my Dad with us, who is battling cancer. Things haven't been going well, and he had to have an operation yesterday to cut some of the cancer out. And today is his 66th Birthday. Happy fucking birthday! Not a nice way to spend the day, but at least he was able to come home today & spend the day with Mum instead of in a hospital ward.
So, in the grand scheme of things, I've lost my job. Big deal. I can get another one. I'm battling to stay on track with my health & fitness. Big deal. I know I can do it and will get back into it eventually.
The main thing is I have my Dad still, and that's all that matters! Perspective.
Happy 66th Birthday Dad. Love you x

>

Happy Birthday Dad!
ReplyDeleteJules, your entry brought tears to my eyes. Yes you do still have your dad so go over to his place tonight and give him his dark chocolate that he loves and a great big hug!
Love you possum-head
Chris x
I'm sorry to hear of your dad, Everyday is a blessing and you are so right in saying you will get back on track eventually. Wishing you the best :)
ReplyDeleteOh no Jules, when it rains it pours doesn't it. Keep the faith about your dad. And you know what, get angry if that's what it takes, get angry at all the shitty things going on and dump it all into the exercise and pummel yourself into the ground with sweat and exertion and you just may feel better and it could be a turning point. If not, then be gentle with yourself. Whatever it takes to get through the tough times.
ReplyDeleteCarol
www.finding-carol.blogspot.com
Big hugs Jules
ReplyDelete