Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Who Would Have Thought.....

.......I'd be so happy about my first gain on the 12wbt.  I gained 100gms.  Now let me tell you, after waking, weeing & weighing myself, I then did everything I could to try & shift that pesky 100gms.  Sat on the toilet for ages willing myself to pass a brick, walked around for a while to try & get my body moving, but alas, the 105.5kgs were there to stay!  However, I was absolutely stoked!  The scales over the weekend showed a 3kg gain after my party & the hangover food that followed the next day.  I am so relieved I was able to get my arse moving & do a couple of big workouts the last couple of days, as well as eating perfectly clean.  Hard work does pay off!  And I'm happy to take the 100gm gain for the wedges with sour cream & sweet chilli sauce, the potato chips, the rocky road, the mudcake & choc ripple cake.  Not to mention the bottle of vodka & numerous bottles of wine!  Doesn't seem like a fair trade really!

That's me "Jules_L"!!!
To add to my euphoria this morning was the notification from the 12wbt that this ol' blog was included in the list of blogs to win the weekly surprise!   As was Greg's blog, and some of the blogs from our new friends we met in Perth at the finale.  The prize was a Chiball set including instruction DVD worth $75.  Whoo hoo!


And dare I say it, but today I actually can see & feel that I've lost weight - a LOT of weight.  I just feel different in my skin.  And standing in front of the mirror this morning in my knickers & bra, I can tell the difference the 12wbt is making compared to other weightloss I've experienced.   Last year I was only a couple of kilos lighter than I am now after losing 30kgs on Weight Watchers, but the skin on my thighs hung in saggy pouches.  However, now my legs are becoming more toned & strong thanks to all the exercising.  I am sure I will have loose skin as the weight keeps coming off, but this weight loss is just totally different.  I feel stronger, healthier & more alive than ever before.  And I want it!  I want to go all the way with the 12wbt & I truly believe I will!

So, here's to a big week of eating clean and training hard.  I am going to push myself the next 3 weeks to get to that elusive double digits weight I have been yearning for for so long!

Onwards & downwards!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your wonderful win with your blog. And what a great blog it is. I'm popping it on my google reader so I don't miss a post. Keep up the great work.

    As for the 100grams, some weeks are meant to try us, that is for sure. You reigned it in so be proud!

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete