Monday, September 10, 2012

Thank You Perth! What a Blast!!!

The 12wbt Finale weekend has come & gone and all I can say is...  WOW!!!  I sit here with a sore tummy (from all the drinking & eating of non-clean food), and bloodshot eyes from exhaustion, but it was brilliant, and I wouldn't change a moment of it!

Greg & I with the lovely Dayna & Bec at the drinks
Friday morning was an early wake up for us at 3.30am, and off we went to the airport, leaving our 4 kids in the capable hands of their grandparents.  The flight with Virgin Airlines was a great one, and we arrived in sunny Perth with an early check in to the hotel.  A bit of unpacking & then off went to catch a train to Fremantle.  We enjoyed a lovely lunch & a few beers at Little Creatures Brewery, and a spot of shopping at the markets before heading back to the CBD to shower & change before meeting about 70 fellow 12wbters at a bar.  It was lovely to meet up with some of the virtual family we've made on the 12wbt forums & Facebook, and put faces to names.  Afterwards we headed out to dinner with about a dozen girls from the Facebook 30+ Crew, and it was a fantastic night!   Let's just say the memory is a bit foggy about getting back to the hotel later than night!

The beautiful Heather & I with baby Noah.. cuteness!
Saturday we woke early, after I had a terrible sleep.  Alcohol & sleep don't go hand in hand when it comes to me - just another reminder as why I should keep off the grog.  Bleary eyed we went off to brekkie to meet up with another virtual friend of mine.  I've "spoken" to Heather for years on the Weight Watchers forums, and she is one of the few I haven't met of our group of about 12 of us, that still chat daily in a private Facebook group.  I saw her from a distance with her beautiful family waiting to cross the street to the cafe where I was waiting, and I just cried!  It was such a surreal moment to finally see her in the flesh & give her a big hug.  It was a special morning for me to meet her, her gorgeous hubby & delightful kids!

Then on to the 12wbt workout in Langley Park.  Not a cloud in the sky, the most perfect day!  Greg & I had no idea what to expect, but it was such fun!  A lot of the high impact stuff I couldn't do due to my ankle, but I did what I could & we had a ball, especially when we broke into small groups for some fun activities.

Greg & I waiting for the workout to start!
Mish
Group tunnel



Group wall sit

The afternoon we spent at the hotel resting.  I caught up on some much needed sleep, Greg relaxed with a wine, and then we got ready for the big Finale party.  A bit of drama occurred with the hotel laundry damaging my outfit for the night, but once it was all sorted, off we went!

Greg & I waiting to enter the Finale party
Quite hilarious, but Greg had to walk the catwalk with all the other Top 20 finalists & then he was announced as the Blogger of the Round.  I was so happy & proud of him!  His trophy takes pride of place on our TV cabinet now.  Something to remind him of the hard work he put in, and was rewarded with.

The Round 2 Top 20 Finalists
Greg & Mish
Greg, my bestie Jen & me

 We left the Finale party early, and caught the red eye back to Melbourne.  Appropriately nicknamed the red eye indeed.  But, of course the express trip to Perth was fantastic, and we cut the trip short because of our daughter's First Holy Communion on the Sunday afternoon.  She looked like a Princess, and it made us realise the exhaustion was all worth it!

My beautiful Communion Princess!
The scales were showing a bit of a gain this morning, but I am sure with a bit of hard work I can turn that around before Wednesday.  A big week coming up - my 40th birthday on Wednesday & then my party on Saturday night.  BRING IT ON!  This is going to be the best year of my life!!!!

1 comment: