Thursday, September 20, 2012

Hasta La Vista "Holiday Mode"

My hubby's last few posts on his blog have been gems (especially the one about swimming between the flags), but his latest one mentions he is struggling this round.  Not off the wagon, but just tired after 16 weeks of going flat knacker!  And I must admit, I am feeling that way too lately.  However, I don't think I am just tired, I think I am ever so slowly falling into the trap of "holiday mode" as I have so often over the years.  I've also documented that struggle in this blog.


"Holiday mode" usually sees me looking forward to a big holiday coming up.  I work my arse off to have great weight loss beforehand, but then slacken off in the weeks leading up to the holiday as I think I deserve to let myself go, as I am going on holidays afterall.  This happens to me ALL THE TIME!  And unfortunately last night "holiday mode" tapped me on the shoulder.  Wine, chips, bikkies & dip. What was I thinking?  

But I am determined to turn this around.  Last night will be the last time "holiday mode" visits me.  It will no longer exist to me!  I am determined not to gain a heap of weight in the week I am away in Bali, or the weeks before I go for that matter!  I am determined to exercise EVERY single day I am away and I will make wise food choices.  I am sure I will be drinking my fair share of alcohol, but as long as I am careful, I think there will be minimal damage.

However, the biggest battle I have with "holiday mode" is when I return from my holiday - I just can't get shake the whole "holiday mode", and that's where the danger lies.  Last year I busted my arse to lose 30kgs on Weight Watchers, and made it to 101kgs - so close to those double digits I am chasing.  2 weeks in Bali at Club Med with unlimited food & wine, and a gain of 6kgs to show for it, and that was the end of my great weight loss run.  And here I am today, still 4.5kgs heavier than March last year.


So, I say a big Hasta La Vista Baby to "Holiday Mode".  I don't want or need you anymore, and you are no longer permitted to enter my mind!

Oh, did someone say 19 sleeps til Bali?  But who's counting?!

1 comment:

  1. I know this holiday mode very well...
    It comes in the form of 'Hey your on holiday let your hair down have a few drinks..."
    Get home...
    "It's ok to have a drink tonight it was your first day back at work you deserve it for surviving"
    "It's Friday, you have earned a bottle of wine"

    And in no time the weight that was lost has quickly found me...

    You have a lot of support this time around Jules. We can provide the backup if required :)

    18 more sleeps...

    ReplyDelete