Monday, September 17, 2012

Ahoy Me Harty, It's a Pirate Party - Red Flag Warning!!!




We've just a huge weekend with my 40th Birthday party.  Greg and I went in prepared, thinking we would drink Vodka, lime & soda - the dieter's drink of choice due to being lower in calories that beer or wine.  Unfortunately, on the food front, I wasn't so prepared.  I forgot all about the carrot sticks I's promised myself I'd have on hand, and although there was sushi & rice paper rolls, I ate too many.  And somehow a few pieces of delicious rocky road made their way into my mouth!

Overall, I was pretty happy with myself on Saturday night.  However, it was with the hangover on Sunday that I let things slip.  I couldn't stomach brekkie or coffee, and had a long shift at work.  I ate left over sandwiches... made with WHITE bread.  I then had wedges (yep, deep fried and greasy) with sour cream & sweet chilli sauce - great to soak up the alcohol, but the guilt I felt was incredible, and I threw a third of the box in the bin!  Then chocolate mud cake, choc ripple cake, more rocky road & more sandwiches, washed down with a glass of wine. Happy 40th indeed!!!!!!
Cutting the cake.
My first born Callum & I

I'm 40!!!

Today I've woken up & not had brekkie until 11am.  I feel like I've swallowed a brick.  So tired, and I think I have a sugar hangover.  I will remember this feeling, as I don't want to repeat it!

So, I will probably have my first gain this week on the 12wbt.  But that's okay.  I will be disappointed, but I let myself enjoy my birthday weekend.  This is just a small bump in the road.  I haven't fallen off the wagon, I just halted it briefly, and will now charge on!

Bali is in 3 weeks & I will be in double digits dammit!!!!

Onwards & downwards.....

No comments:

Post a Comment