Saturday, October 02, 2010

The Holiday is Over!

Home from our 2 week holiday to our Caravan on the Murray. Had an awesome time with great friends who were camping in their tents on the 2 sites beside us. Made me realise, I really never want to camp in a tent - give me a proper inner spring mattress in a caravan any day!!! The days were glorious (above 20deg each day!), and the nights were freezing!! The kids had an absolute ball & spent each day out & about in the fresh air. Was just wonderful, but God, it was so great to come home to our King size bed, and an ensuite!! The toilet block was a bit of a hike!!
Anyway, although I had the very best of intentions, I didn't track & I let my hair down. I stayed away from the ultimate temptation however - potato chips! For that, I am very proud. But I did consume some wine, some cider (something I have just discovered - it's delicious!), and the odd beer now & then. And of course, although I did eat good choices, I overate. I really noticed how huge my portion sizes became by the end of the fortnight.
So, I weighed myself this morning, and it seems like I have put on just under 2kgs. But I am back into it today, so am really hoping I can whittle this down before my official WI at my meeting on Thursday. Got back on the elliptical tonight - God, how I have missed it! Ankle is a bit sore, so only managed 45min, but went a bit harder on it than usual.
Had some friends over for the Grand Final rematch today, and although I did partake a little in the nibblies (good stuff - dolmades, olives, dips for which I allocated 15 points), I was full enough not to eat dinner, and I did not have one sip of alcohol - something that I don't think I have ever done during my adult life on Grand Final day (unless pregnant!).
If I have a gain on Thursday, I'll take it on the chin, and remember that I really did have a great holiday. It's only one little hiccup in my journey! I have the rest of my life to make up for it!!!
Onwards & downwards......

1 comment:

  1. Good to se u back......glad u enjoyed holidays
    Well done on no alcohol g/f day

    Next stop Christmas ???

    ReplyDelete