My final weigh in was 98kgs, so a total loss of 7.4kgs for the round. I haven't done my final measurements & fitness test yet, but regardless of the figures, I am so pleased with my overall results from this round. I feel the best I've felt since I can remember! I've managed the following achievements -
- Partially running a 4km fun run
- Doing a few pushups on my toes for the first time EVER
- Doing situps for the first time I can ever remember (and now I can do heaps!)
- Double digits (yes, figure related, but was a major hurdle for me to get through with my mind!)
- 12 weeks without booze!
| Bec, Dayna & Moi |
I've mentioned in previous posts about how thankful I am to the local 12wbt group we have called the Western Warriors, who train with us in our garage on Saturdays (and some Tuesdays). But there are a few people I am particularly thankful to. They keep me motivated, inspired, and even though they don't know it, they push me that little bit harder to better myself every single day.
Bec & Dayna are part of our local 12wbt group. They train with us regularly, and we also communicate with them on a daily basis via message or text. Both are such beautiful souls, who just don't realise what a positive impact they've made to my life. You girls rock!!! THANK YOU!!!
Heather, Sar, Sez, Wendy and Megs are part of a group of beautiful girls I met on the Weight Watchers forums way back when. These girls joined up to the 12wbt after me, and all (bar Sez) joined me in Brisbane for the last 12wbt Finale party. Although Sar has left the fold and gone back to what works for her (Weight Watchers), all of the girls have been such a constant support & backbone for me. Heather has been my stalker on My Fitness Pal, ensuring I am tracking & being honest with my calories. And together with the other girls, they constantly inspire me to do better. Love you girls dearly and I'm so glad to have you as part of my life xx
| Wendy, Megs, Sar, H & me. Sez not pictured. |
A big thankyou goes to my kids. Although they don't know it, their acceptance of what we are doing is amazing. When we first started 12wbt there were many questions about why we were going for a bike ride. Or why we were working out with a group of people in the garage. Or why is dad doing for a run. But there aren't any questions anymore, just acceptance that this is what we do. This is our life now. And it makes it just that much easier when we see the pride and happiness in their faces. They love the new healthier version of their parents.
![]() |
| Owen, Paige, Callum & Aidan |
Of course, my biggest thankyou goes to Greg. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect him to have the drive & commitment to the 12wbt that he has! When I phoned him to tell him of my intention of joining up the 12wbt in May last year, I expected the usual groans (combined with him thinking "here she goes again on some weightloss fad she'll just fail at") and when I ever so gently suggested he have a look at it & think of signing up, I was surprised he did it! Greg makes me push myself that little bit harder, he makes me keep going when I think I can't. He is always encouraging & supportive and although he can be a moody son of a bitch sometimes, I love him to bits. Thank you Boof for making me strive to be a better version of myself.
![]() |
| Greg during his half marathon |
So a big weekend is upon us. Both Greg & I have taken annual leave for a few days. In Brisbane I was picked up from the airport by a lovely local & driven to my hotel. So, I am paying it forward, and picking up 21 people from the airport over the next 2 days, and driving them to their respective hotels. A few of us have organised drinks at a bar in the city on Friday night as a 12wbt meet & greet, and we've been overwhelmed with over 150 people RSVPing & paying their $20 per head for nibblies on the night. Cannot wait for a fantastic night!!!
Saturday will be an early start with a group brekkie at Albert Park Lake, followed by the 12wbt workout. And then of course the big party at Crown casino.
Big thanks to my Mother-in-law & my parents for looking after our cherubs this weekend!
Early to bed tonight I think!!!

>

Love this post, Julie. You sound really healthy. Have a fab weekend celebrating!
ReplyDeleteNaww love you Jules... I've been so lucky to meet and share your journey with you :) We are going to smash out Round 2 after all its our anniversary round :D
ReplyDelete