Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Round 2 2013 - It's on Like Donkey Kong


These last few weeks have been tight ones financially for us,  and both Greg & I hadn't signed up to the next round of the 12wbt.  I was disappointed that I wasn't starting anew with everyone else.

VIC CREW ROCKS!
And then, bloody amazingly, came the unflinching support of the 12wbt Vic Crew.  Via Facebook they managed to receive enough donations to get my next round paid for, as well as 3 other girls who also were struggling financially.  To say I am grateful is an absolute understatement - these women have no idea how much their generosity means to me.  But I will be honest, and admit I struggled with the whole idea of others paying for me.  When I was initially told about it, I felt embarrassed & guilty.  But after speaking to Greg, and some supportive friends, they made me realise I should accept it, and in turn, I can help out another member in the next round.  So, my commitment to all those who have contributed to enable me to start off this round is that I am going to SMASH it!  I will make sure they have not one regret about supporting me, and I will in turn pay it forward to another member in the next round.  From the bottom of my heart, thank you!  VIC CREW rocks!!!!

7.5km walk with some Western Warriors & a gorgeous sunrise! 
So, we're now on to Day 2 of the new round.  And I am so pumped for it.  I have set myself a HUGE goal of losing 20kgs in 12 weeks.  It might seem a huge goal, but I am going to give it my all to do it.  I can honestly say that over my last 4 rounds, I have not pushed myself with my exercise.  So I am going to up the anti!  Some of my key goals this round are:-

  • Stay under 1200 calories daily.  Although I am quite good at eating cleanly, I quite often go over calories with my snacks & coffee
  • Exercise a minimum of 6 days a week - and do double sessions on most days.  I want 500cals to be the absolute minimum I burn on weekdays.
  • Burn 1000 calories at SSS.  I usually do my SSS over two days on the weekend, but not anymore.  I am going to get up early before our garage session & either walk or get on the xtrainer to get those extra calories burnt!  No more excuses!
  • Water, water, water
  • To start running



So weigh in yesterday saw me at 100.9kgs.  Up above the 100kg mark & a hefty 2.9kgs heavier than last weigh in a couple of weeks ago.  I put it down to not counting calories, wine & lots of bread consumed.  Surprisingly, I'm not too bummed about it, as I plan on being back in double digits in no time at all.  And in the 80s half way through this round.  Just cannot imagine what that will feel like!!

A couple of my work colleagues Di & Christine have smashed their first round, and now are signed up to this round.  To make things interesting, and to keep us pushing hard, I suggested we have a little bet between the three of us - whoever loses the least % of weight, will take the other 2 out for breakfast.  Can't wait to see what results this brings, and at the end of the round, I guess it doesn't really matter who lost the most, or the least, we're all winners!!

Me, Di & Christine - THE BET IS ON!!!

So a big round ahead, with lots of hard work for me.  And I'm just so excited for it!!!  BRING IT ON!



2 comments:

  1. We need to get you acquainted with a long macchiato with water or a long black with a dash of milk. It will make coffee calories so much more manageable. You have this Jules, Round 2 2013 is yours for the taking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful pay it forward moment from the Vic crew. And it will give you that impetus to keep going forward. I was going to say good luck Jules but to be honest, I can hear loud and clear through the words on this page that you have a steely determination this round. Go you. And with Borat on your side, you can't fail!! ;-)

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete