WOW!! What a weekend! It has gone by in a blur of exhaustion & wine! Let's do a little recap....
Thursday I had airport pickups. I had underestimated how time consuming airport pickups would be. I don't regret helping out my interstate 12wbters, I do however regret offering to pickup so many. Each trip turned into a 2 hour round trip (home to airport, waiting at airport, airport to CBD, CBD to home or back to airport). I also had an interstate friend staying with me who I wanted to spend time with, so after a couple of drinks Thursday night with her & Greg, I didn't see bed until after 1am.
 |
| Friday Night Drinks - Dayna, Bec, Greg & Me! |
 |
| The best city in the world, Melbourne! |
That's where the blur of exhaustion set in for the weekend. Friday morning I was up early to the kids. Greg kindly offered to do some airport pickups for me, but I still had to get out to the airport to pick up a friend, and then had lunch with some girlfriends back in the city. Home to see the kids before they were packed off to the grandparents for the weekend, and a mad dash to have my nails done. Has anyone ever fallen asleep while having nails done? I wonder if I'm the first?!!?
Home to get ready and off to our Pre Finale drinks at the Boatbuilders Yard on South Wharf. What an amazing venue!! The view of the Melbourne skyline was nothing short of spectacular. The platters of food we had ordered were amazing, the staff friendly and attentive & it seemed everyone had a brilliant time. We had a great night, with great friends, new & old (and over 150 people in total), and lots of wine!
 |
| All fun & games & hangovers! |
 |
| Going downhill rapidly |
Saturday we were up at the crack of dawn for a group brekkie with the 30+ crew in Albert Park. Let's just say HUNGOVER is an understatement to how I felt!!!! And then off to the 12wbt workout. The rain held off, and we had an awesome morning. Dayna, Bec, Greg & myself had decided to dress up, and we took out the title of best dressed for the day, although I think that had something to do with Greg in his mankini. Such a shy & retiring husband I have! He loved every minute of all the attention!!! Unfortunately I was so sick from my wine consumption the night before I couldn't work out, but I had a ball regardless.
 |
| The Western Warriors |
 |
| The dress up competion - WE WON!!! |
And then of course, the event we'd all been waiting for - the 12wbt Finale Party, held at Crown Casino. A huge sold out event with 1500 people attending. It was a great night, and so lovely to party with our Western Warrior crew that we train/run/walk with, my workmates that joined me on 12wbt, and all my gorgeous friends - Heather (who came all the way from Perth!!), Megs (from Sydney) & Sez (a fellow Victorian). And that was the "sweet".
 |
| Hi There Pussycat!! |
But now for the "sour".
 |
| Me & my sexy new husband! Can't keep my hands off him!!! |
I was definitely left feeling flat after the party. The last 3 finale parties I had been to (Perth, Sydney & Brisbane) were brilliant, and I walked away feeling revved up & raring to go in the next round. There are always prizes and a top 20 contestants on stage at each finale, and it is so brilliant to see their transformation. But the one thing that I really, REALLY loved, was a big video montage that showed before & afters, workout sessions, and inspiring members of the 12wbt. But this time they had a little clip
(Click here to view it on You Tube) of a few people's before & afters and that was it. Yes, Greg was included in that, but still, it was so disappointing. Michelle Bridges appeared on stage & hardly said a thing, and then disappeared as quickly as she arrived - where was her motivational pump up to everyone like she'd done at the other parties? They'd cut down the Top 20, to only 10, and didn't give much of a background to the winners. It was all so disappointing & left me uninspired.
So many people are disillusioned with the whole money making cash cow that the 12wbt has become. I've even realised this last weekend that some of my friends have distanced themselves from me because of the 12wbt, and although that hurts, and it's taken me a few days to process it all, I've decided to cut them loose. Yes, it's a business, and yes, Michelle Bridges & her partners are rolling in the dough, but good on them! They came up with a bloody excellent concept. Just look at all the copycats out there with their 12 or 10 week programs, cashing in on the money train. And after the sour taste the presentation part of the party left in my mouth, I have just come to the realisation that I have to separate myself from the 12wbt as a money making business, and just move forward with it as the tools for me to get to goal. I have my support network, including Greg & the kids, my beautiful girlfriends and my Facebook groups. I'll keep giving the 12wbt my hard earned cash to get me there. They've got the winning formula, and I'll keep working my arse off with those tools to get there.
 |
| Megs, Me, Heather & Sarah - gosh I love these girls!!! |
 |
| Partying hard!!! |
And now the hard work begins again as I recover from my four day hangover!
Onwards & downwards.....
No comments:
Post a Comment