Sunday, April 28, 2013

Who's The Cat That Got the Cream??

Ah, wedded bliss!!!
I met Greg when we were both working at the major petroleum company's head office in the Melbourne CBD.  It was my first (and only) job in the city, and God how I loved working at the top end of Melbourne, near Parliament house.  Lunchtimes were spent shopping (goodbye pay-packet!!), or eating out (hello expanding waistline), and Friday's after work were spent with work colleagues drinking to excess (Well Hi There Sailor!).  I look back so fondly on those days - some of the best days of my life!  It was an enjoyable job, a great company to work for (with a nice discount on petrol!!), and brilliant work colleagues that were great to socialise with after hours.  I was single for the most part, and living on my own, and life was just one big friggen fantastic party!!!!

Those calves!!!
I'd been working there a few years when this big red haired fella started contracting there.  He was full of himself, obnoxious, crude, overweight, drank too much and he fancied one of my friends.  Of course, I was smitten!!!

It wasn't until a week before I was moving overseas to the UK that we finally got together.  My trip overseas was cut short to 3 only months, as I came home for him.  Not long after that, the big red head and I got pregnant, moved in together & got married (yeah, not quite the traditional order of way to do things!!!!).  We were both overweight, unhealthy, drinking too much, but happy & in love.  I look back now & wonder what I saw in that big oaf.  Bu then he could probably say the same thing about me!!!

Fast forward 14 years.  

I'm now married to a fit, healthy and handsome forty year old.  A terrific father to our kids.  With great calves to boot!  And no, I didn't have to get remarried!!  I couldn't be prouder of him & his achievements in the last 10 months!

Who's the cat that got the cream?  Yep, that's me!!

Our 11th Wedding Anniversary in Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment