Friday, April 26, 2013

Why Do I Want to Lose Weight?

Someone asked this in one of the 12wbt groups on facebook the other day.  It made me stop in my tracks.  "Why do I want to lose weight?".  I've never thought about it so bluntly before.  The list of "whys" is probably endless, but here are some I've come up with...
  1. I don't want to be fat anymore.
  2. I hate the feeling of embarrassment that comes with being fat.  Like when I am eating out, and people look to see what food choices I am making, because as a fat person, sometimes you shouldn't be eating "that".  Yep, it's true, and I know it's true cause I have found myself recently walking through a food court at a shopping complex & looking at what overweight people are eating!!!
  3. I want to have a healthy body, to enable it to live for a long time to be around to see my kids grow up
  4. I don't want my kids to be fat by following in the footsteps of their mother.  I want to be the best role model I possibly can be!
  5. I want to feel strong and fit.  I love the feeling that exercise brings to me now, and how strong & fit I feel in comparison to what I used to be!
  6. I want to look good and feel sexy
  7. I want to be able to buy & wear nice clothes, not just something that I wear because it fits.  
  8. I want to be able to do anything I set my mind to.
I could go on & on with this list, but I think they are the 8 most important to me.

Another question that was asked : What's you ultimate reward for goal & what's your magic number.

65 has always been my magic number, but I'll just go by whatever my body is comfortable at.  I never thought I'd see the day I was in double digits, so I now know anything is possible!  And it's bloody exciting.  I have no idea what I will reward myself with when I get there - maybe just a nice piece of jewellery or a family portrait.  Just something to remind me of the special occasion.  Can't wait!

I had a visit to the physio last week & did some acupuncture in my leg.  Since then, I have been in such pain, so much so that it actually wakes me from my sleep when I move my leg.  Will organise another visit to see what's going on. It's not the first time I've had it done, although it has been a few years.  I don't recall it hurting as much afterwards.

Weigh in this week saw me lose 300gms.  I have eaten over my 1200 calories on too many occasions and not exercised very much at all.  I'm not phased by it though - I'm cemented in double digits & that's where I'm staying.  I am going to take it easy the next 2 weeks, as there is just SOOO much going on with Finale & I am working a hell of a lot, and then I'll get ready to go full throttle in my next round.

The family before the run

Saturday night we did the Glow Run with the kids. Greg wasn't very impressed with the organisation of it.  It definitely wasn't what we expected.  There were 4 small tents along the route that had DJs and lighting.  We both expected the whole course to be lit up.  Running proved difficult as I had sore toes & Paige wore inappropriate footwear (of course you wouldn't wear runners to a FUN RUN!!!!), but we all had a ball (except Greg!) and I will do it again with the kids next time.  The 2 little ones fell asleep in the pram early on into it, but Owen did wake up to cross the finish line.

Running over the finish line.
Onwards & downwards....

No comments:

Post a Comment