Tuesday, April 09, 2013

12 Years Ago Today.....

....I gave birth to the most beautiful baby I'd ever seen (don't all us mothers think their babies are the most beautiful?).  He was perfect in every way.  Greg and I had no idea what we were in for, since it was a "surprise" pregnancy, and we were only new into our relationship, but the love & joy we felt on that day when we lay our eyes on our newborn son can never be explained.

And today Callum turns 12.  I just cannot believe it.  I've felt teary all morning.  Not sure if it is because i've been reminiscing about that amazing day 12 years ago, or if I am lamenting that my eldest is growing up.  Or if it is just the realisation that I am getting old!!!!


So, today my baby enters his last year before becoming a teenager.  And I can't believe how proud I am of him.  He's such a lovely kid.  Sweet, loving, kindhearted, caring, and a brilliant big brother to his younger sister & younger brothers.

Happy Birthday Callum!!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment