Friday, March 08, 2013

Mini Milestone Week

The boys and I ready to go!
This week marks Week 4 of the 12wbt and what is called "Mini Milestone" week.  Greg and I have never done anything for our 4 weekly mini milestones, but I did mention to him I would like to start doing something every 4 weeks to mark these.

The boys wanted to run over the finish line with me!
So, on Wednesday night we did the Brooks Sunset Series Fun Run/Walk.  Greg once again did the 8km run, in hot sticky conditions.  I'm just so proud of how far he's come!   I did the 4km walk with the 3 boys.  Paige missed out on the fun as she was at Ballet.   Callum, my eldest boy, commented how bored he was with walking at the 2km point, so we decided to run.  I can't say that I ran the whole 2kms, as I did stop & walk to catch my breath 3 times, but I must say, I can't believe that I actually did it!  I ran!!!  And it was easier than I expected!  Many runners passing me were just so lovely with their comments of support & to tell me how great I was doing pushing a pram laden with 2 kids.  It was so uplifting and actually brought a tear to my eye at one stage.  To those dozen or so anonymous people who made comments to me - THANK YOU!!  It made me keep on running!

Greg crossing the finish line
Weigh in this week saw a little loss of 400gms on the scales.  I am trying to not be disheartened about it.  I can feel my body changing, and actually see the difference the last 4 weeks have made.  I am feeling strong & healthy & will just keep going.  One thing I am making a conscience effort of changing this week, is to not eat after dinner.  I have noticed the last couple of weeks I have been having an evening snack, even if it puts me over my calories for the day.  So from now on I am not eating after dinner & will stick with my green tea, except on Saturdays when I will have a 12wbt dessert or a Skinny Cow icecream for treat night.  I am sure it will make a difference on the scales next week.
After the run/walk
My exercise & calorie burning over the last week wasn't as big as the one before, but I am really enjoying the regular exercise.  I am loving being able to get out on the bike on my childfree days and did 40km ride on Monday, and a 26km ride yesterday.  My new bike is an absolute dream to ride.

Cruising at Williamstown Beach
This morning Greg signed up for the Run Melbourne half marathon on July 21st.  Who is this man?!?!  The man I married weighed 156kgs not so long ago, and now he is training for a half marathon!  Just amazing!!!  So, I thought stuff it, I will sign up for the 5km run/walk as well.  Okay, not such a big thing as a half marathon, but for me, it's a big goal I am setting myself - and I am going to try & run as much of it as I can!!!  Callum signed up for the kids 3km run the day before.  I just love having the kids involved!!!!

So, is this our new life?  Bike rides, fun runs/walks with the kids, 4 weekly mini milestones?

If so, I am bloody loving it!!!

Aidan showing us his pushups technique


1 comment:

  1. Brilliant Julie. Love these photos and what a great milestone week. As for Greg, wow! It is a bit of a thrill doing fun runs but I'm sticking to my 5 or 6 K ones. Love that you are both in this together what support!

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete