
I am NEARLY there! And of course, straight away the heart palpitations started, the shortness of breath and the thoughts of "I just CAN'T be under 100kgs". But one thing has changed - there were no thoughts of self sabotage!! I didn't immediately think of what I could eat to be rid of these thoughts & keep me at my comfortable weight. I thought of what I would eat today at a BBQ I am going to and what exercise I would do to ensure I was in double digits this Wednesday. That's an immediate win for me - no self sabotage thoughts.
Why is getting into double digits so important to me?
I was at the hospital about to give birth to Paige by caesarian when they weighed me & I was just over 100kgs. I remember my embarrassment at weighing so much, and how horrified I was to be in triple digits. I was 41+ weeks pregnant! And although I would have lost weight with the birth of Paige to get me into double digits, I never actually weighed myself, so have never known myself to be in double digits since then.
Weight wasn't a big issue to me then. I had a 20 month old son, and a newborn daughter, and a husband who loved me unconditionally. I don't even think we owned a set of scales back then. I knew I was overweight. I knew Greg was overweight. But we were both blissfully happy in our little cocoon - we were newly weds, had 2 gorgeous little kids & a circle of wonderful family & friends. We had a huge social life to boot, which added to the food & drinking and weight gain. But life was good. No, actually, life was bloody brilliant!!!
Roll on 10 years, and the weight just kept piling on. There were periods of huge weightloss (30+ kilos lost on Weight Watchers), with me only to pile it back on when I got close to double digits. Bloody double digits - my nemesis! My unattainable goal. My Everest.Until now.
I will conquer this.
Watch me!

>
Love this post! I resonate with it for so many reasons! I was 101.2 this morning and I'm trying to get past the 101 coz that's my 40kg mark. Then 1kg past that I'll have the Great 100kg mark that you're at now. I was like come on 200g! Completely understand the self sabotage thing, I still don't understand why we do it but it's nice to know I'm not the only one. Good luck for tomorrow's weigh in you are almost there. Thanks for sharing :) xxoo
ReplyDelete