Sunday, March 10, 2013

Thank You!


I know I've mentioned it previously in posts, but we have a garage session at our house on Saturday mornings with some of our local 12wbters.  These guys & gals thank us all the time for opening our home up to them.  What they don't realise is that they are doing US the favour!  It allows Greg and I to train together in a group without having to worry about someone to look after the 4 kids for us.  It's fun & a great way to get together with other like minded people.  So to those Western Warriors who join us on Saturday mornings....

THANK YOU!

At yesterday's training session I made sure that everyone watched as I did a sit-up!  I'm not very good at them, and wasn't able to do many of them, but I am so proud of myself that I can now do them!  I never thought I would have strong enough tummy muscles to heave this massive body up.  I can't believe how far I've come!


Boxing it out
I announced how my next goal was to do a push up on my toes, so they all encouraged me to try, and I did it!!!!  Not one, but five pushups on my toes!  Sure, my technique needs improvement, but if it wasn't for the support of the fantastic members of the Western Warriors, then I wouldn't have even tried to do it as I didn't think I could do it!!!  Can't believe that no one got a photo of me doing it!!!

Squats - my favourite exercise
Mel, one of the girls there, suggested I start doing wall pushups, where you lean against a wall in the pushup stance and I can build up my arm strength that way.  So yesterday on my breaks at work, I did my usual running up and down the stairs in my building & whenever I reached the top landing I did 20 wall pushups.  My arms today are screaming at me, but I am loving it!!!

I've added in a couple of photos my daughter took of me during the session yesterday.  I couldn't stop looking at these photos of me - sure I am still overweight & have a long way to go, but I think I am finally starting to really notice the changes in my body.   I can feel the changes, but looking at these photos, I can really see the changes too.

So now another thing has been crossed off my bucket list today - one push up on my toes!!!  Life just keeps getting better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment